Class of 2015 - OL Sam Madden (NJ) Decomits from Wisconsin | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OL Sam Madden (NJ) Decomits from Wisconsin

Todderick Hunt ‏@TodderickHunt 13h13 hours ago
Sam Madden, 6-7, 335-pound N.J. offensive tackle, re-opens his recruitment; #Rutgers in the mix? #CHOPNation #B1G http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/sam_madden_6-7_335-pound_nj_offensive_tackle_re-op.html…

Saturday, Sam Madden, the 6-7, 335-pound Barnegat (N.J.) offensive tackle, announced via Twitter that he's re-opening his recruitment.
According to Madden's head coach Rob Davis, the senior had little communication with Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst and staff since they took over for Gary Andersen, when he left the school for Oregon State in December.
"He de-committed," said Davis. "Well, there was a new coach and Sam just didn't feel it was a good match. I haven't heard from them, to be honest, since they've been hired, which I thought was a little bit weird. And Sam felt that way too, so he wants to open it back up."
According to Davis, Madden, who committed to the Badgers last June, is in the process of re-evaluating where he stands with the schools that offered prior to his decision.

Tis the season...I don't think there is anything here but I wonder if Pickard is getting the same cold shoulder from Wisconsin.

Tis the season...I don't think there is anything here but I wonder if Pickard is getting the same cold shoulder from Wisconsin.

I thought I read somewhere that they'd already been in contact and reinforced their desire in him playing on the Defensive side of the ball. That could be entirely false, for some reason it's in my head.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...nt-level-following-wisconsin-coaching-change/

Check that, this was all I could find. Interesting he talks with Sam Madden though. That could work in our favor.

I thought I read somewhere that they'd already been in contact and reinforced their desire in him playing on the Defensive side of the ball. That could be entirely false, for some reason it's in my head.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...nt-level-following-wisconsin-coaching-change/

Check that, this was all I could find. Interesting he talks with Sam Madden though. That could work in our favor.

I think that Aranda is about the only coach Chryst kept from the Wisc. staff. Doesn't Chryst run a different D than Anderson did? Especially since both Pickard and Howard decided to visit SU.

I know the open spots are down to 2 or 3. I know there are 5 O linemen already coming in. That being said, Acosta should be on the phone with this kid ASAP. Ask him if he'd like to set up an OV for next weekend. See what happens. With Levine taking some OVs over the next couple of weeks, it's possible another schollie could open up. Plus, it would be another inroad into Jersey.

we should definitely give him a call. Can't have enough lineman. I think we're going to have some late decommits (freeing up a spot or two) and Madden is going to jump pretty quick. I'm thinking this late in the game he might stay closer to home. I could see Miami making a push though. (2 visit weekends left - though a midweek visit wouldn't be out of the question.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom