Class of 2024 - OL Travis Brown-Miller (NJ) COMMITED TO SYRACUSE (3/7/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 OL Travis Brown-Miller (NJ) COMMITED TO SYRACUSE (3/7/24)

HCFB’s recruits just feels so different than times past.
Seems like a legitimate diamond in the rough type. The NJ pedigree and the NJ coaching nexus has me all atwitter (now aX).
He prioritizes the size and build on both lines. Think he has confidence they can bulk them up and develop over years. Plus this is a way to build loyalty in an era where it’s hard to do. Taking shots on local kids = great relationship with the HS coaches and harder for kid to transfer out. Part of the culture.

IMG_4392.jpeg

Terrific article, with lots of insight.

I was wondering if this was a situation where the staff was just looking to build goodwill in a key part of NJ, but it sounds more like this kid just got a late start with football.

So, maybe a good calculated gamble?

Terrific article, with lots of insight.

I was wondering if this was a situation where the staff was just looking to build goodwill in a key part of NJ, but it sounds more like this kid just got a late start with football.

So, maybe a good calculated gamble?
Comp Sci? A kid after my or Marius Janulis’ heart :)

Great story.
It certainly doesn't seem like this was a "pity" or reach offer, not with both Pitt and Rutgers interested as well.
The kid is smart, seems to work hard, and is just getting started. Talk about "sky's the limit"!
What I generally like to see with late flyers are recruits who have great physical measurables that were maybe late qualifiers or late bloomers from the 5 hour radius.

I just generally like seeing the late flyers come from the 5 hour radius because even if they don’t work out you’re still building relationships in your recruiting base.

Very interesting article with HS coach. Basically saw a huge dude in the hallway and convinced him to join the team.
I swear there was a similar story about another kid SU recruited. Maybe when Shafer was HC.
Yes, the mind can be a waste can for worthless tidbits.

Where is the Rutgers standard "he was not a take for us" comment?

I swear there was a similar story about another kid SU recruited. Maybe when Shafer was HC.
Yes, the mind can be a waste can for worthless tidbits.
McGloster has a lot in common with Brown-Miller. Just not the big kid in the hallway angle….

McGloster has a lot in common with Brown-Miller. Just not the big kid in the hallway angle….

Thanks Tom. That's who I was thinking of and there was a hallway component.

Out of the corner of his eye, Pat Perles spotted a large shadow. It belonged to Jamar McGloster, a senior who was visiting the main office to drop off an attendance form for his 12th grade math class in May 2013 at St. Anthony (New Jersey) High School. Perles did a double take through a main office window. McGloster’s 6-foot-7 frame caught his eye, said Perles, Syracuse’s offensive line coach who was visiting St. Anthony to meet its new head coach. Perles jogged down the hallway to track down McGloster.

Thanks Tom. That's who I was thinking of and there was a hallway component.

Out of the corner of his eye, Pat Perles spotted a large shadow. It belonged to Jamar McGloster, a senior who was visiting the main office to drop off an attendance form for his 12th grade math class in May 2013 at St. Anthony (New Jersey) High School. Perles did a double take through a main office window. McGloster’s 6-foot-7 frame caught his eye, said Perles, Syracuse’s offensive line coach who was visiting St. Anthony to meet its new head coach. Perles jogged down the hallway to track down McGloster.
Perfect.

if Travis ends up like Jamar, who has already been mentioned as a comparison in this thread, I think we Syracuse fans will all be thrilled.

Believe he was lined up at OT in all his highlights on offense.

With his height, long arms and quick feet, I think there is a good chance he can stick at OT.
With all that said, will be red-shirt year 1 where he can learn the game from some of the best and also hit the weights and get stronger. Putting the time and effort in and we could end up with a diamond for 2-3 years.

TRAVIS BROWN-MILLER COMMITTED TO SU 3/7/24
OL 6' 5" 320 ROT
Per McAllister: Miller is listed at 6-6, 300 pounds per his Max Preps page. He was credited with 58 pancake blocks in 11 games during his senior season, also per Max Preps.

Miller was named to the All Ivy Red Conference First Team by NorthJersey.com, one of five offensive linemen to earn the honor.
download (64).jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM JR YEAR:

SIZE
VERY STRONG
AGILE
MOBILE
PUSHES D'LMEN"S FACE INTO THE GROUND
NASTY
GETS DL'MEN WAY AWAY FROM PLAY

WE HAVE SOMEONE WHO IS GOING TO BE A GOOD PLAYER WHEN DEVELOPED BY FRAN BROWN'S STAFF

With all that said, will be red-shirt year 1 where he can learn the game from some of the best and also hit the weights and get stronger. Putting the time and effort in and we could end up with a diamond for 2-3 years.

Yeah that’s why it’s speculated that he’s actually going to be a blue shirt

Ivy Conference is the lowest HS tier in North NJ. He must have abused the kids lining up against him.

Last edited:
What I generally like to see with late flyers are recruits who have great physical measurables that were maybe late qualifiers or late bloomers from the 5 hour radius.

I just generally like seeing the late flyers come from the 5 hour radius because even if they don’t work out you’re still building relationships in your recruiting base.
Yeah that’s why it’s speculated that he’s actually going to be a blue shirt
Interesting to see if he gets added to the "Recruits and Offers" thread for '24 (his class) or '25 (since as a blue shirt he might not get counted in the current class)?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom