Class of 2023 - OL Trevion Mack (MN) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OL Trevion Mack (MN) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy from my old high school in upstate New York was a #1 draft choice of Buffalo in the mid-70s. He never played much in the pros because he was injured but even before that he really wasn’t’ that good. He was just 6’6”, 250 lbs. in high school so he dominated everywhere because of his size. He was in some of my classes and was passed in school without studying much because everyone knew he was going to be a dominant football player. He was a nice guy but he just didn’t need to work that hard to dominate in football or class, IMO.

He also dominated at Notre Dame because back then he could still dominate by his size. But everyone is big and fast in the pros. You always have to work hard and keep getting better.

I’d much rather have the hard-working, underappreciated diamonds in the rough on the team, guys with a bit of a chip on their shoulder and have something to prove. They may be hard to find, but I suspect there are thousands of them.
WP

Reactions: CIL
A guy from my old high school in upstate New York was a #1 draft choice of Buffalo in the mid-70s. He never played much in the pros because he was injured but even before that he really wasn’t’ that good. He was just 6’6”, 250 lbs. in high school so he dominated everywhere because of his size. He was in some of my classes and was passed in school without studying much because everyone knew he was going to be a dominant football player. He was a nice guy but he just didn’t need to work that hard to dominate in football or class, IMO.

He also dominated at Notre Dame because back then he could still dominate by his size. But everyone is big and fast in the pros. You always have to work hard and keep getting better.

I’d much rather have the hard-working, underappreciated diamonds in the rough on the team, guys with a bit of a chip on their shoulder and have something to prove. They may be hard to find, but I suspect there are thousands of them.
Thinly disguised brush with greatness.

Maybe there was a NCAA clearing house issue. Maybe he just had his signing ceremony. Maybe he enrolled early. Maybe I'm just guessing because I don't have a clue why he posted this today.

Ok. Just curious. Wasn’t sure what I had missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.