Class of 2023 - OL Trevion Mack (MN) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OL Trevion Mack (MN) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might not have had that video ready because at the end it refers to him as a Linebacker from Iona Prep, Bronx.

I love how we flip kids from ODU and NIU and then the SEC and blue bloods treat us like ODU and NIU. lol good times.
Well that is because we are a 2nd tier team and are treated as such. Would be nice to hang on to the good ones. It isn't like we are trying to hold on to 5 star guys but can we at least hang on to a high 3 star? lol

Why would a 3 star kid want to go back up 5 star guys when you can come compete for a starting role or actual playing time immediately here. I would be chasing the opportunity to play. I never get upset when a bench guy leaves to go find playing time on a team. I do get upset when starters duck out to start elsewhere or when a blue blood who doesn't even need a kid takes one of ours to put on their shelf.

And to JavaDoc's point. This is a zero sum game and I want Syracuse to win every time. Hold on to the best commits AND flip any good croots that wanna play ball. I will irrationally despise anyone that backs on their commitment to us. I don't know them and they don't know me and if the only thing I know about them is that they were committed to Syracuse and backed out then I don't like them. lol

Last edited:
TREVION MACK IRONDALE HS, NEW BRIGHTON, MN 2024 COMMITTED/ SIGNED LOI 12/21/22
#75 6' 6'' 302, 4.98 40, OL VERY FAST FOR HIS SIZE/// TEAMMATE OF *EMERSON MANDELL L OT
TREVION PLAYS OL R OT
ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:
SIZE
VERY STRONG
POWERFUL
MANY PANCAKES
GREAT BLOCKER RUN AND PASS
* EMERSON SEEMS MORE AGGRESSIVE. BOTH WOULD BE A GREAT COMBINATION

11123420.jpeg

Trevion Mack​

• POS IOL
  • HEIGHT 6-5
  • WEIGHT 295
  • Timeline

Prospect Info​

• HIGH SCHOOL
  • Irondale
  • CITY
  • Saint Paul, MN
  • CLASS2023
Watch Highlights

Player Rating​

i

247SPORTS​

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®​

Why would a 3 star kid want to go back up 5 star guys when you can come compete for a starting role or actual playing time immediately here. I would be chasing the opportunity to play.

Age old question.

TREVION MACK IRONDALE HS, NEW BRIGHTON, MN 2024 COMMITTED/ SIGNED LOI 12/21/22
#75 6' 6'' 302, 4.98 40, OL VERY FAST FOR HIS SIZE/// TEAMMATE OF *EMERSON MANDELL L OT
TREVION PLAYS OL R OT
ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:
SIZE
VERY STRONG
POWERFUL
MANY PANCAKES
GREAT BLOCKER RUN AND PASS
* EMERSON SEEMS MORE AGGRESSIVE. BOTH WOULD BE A GREAT COMBINATION

11123420.jpeg

Trevion Mack​

• POS IOL
  • HEIGHT 6-5
  • WEIGHT 295
  • Timeline

Prospect Info​

• HIGH SCHOOL
  • Irondale
  • CITY
  • Saint Paul, MN
  • CLASS2023
Watch Highlights

Player Rating​

i

247SPORTS​

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®​

Is Emerson his HS teammate [class of 2024, center]?

Also, good to see you assessed him as being "fast for his size." That was my big question -- kid is massive, but can he move his feet / handle lateral blocking assignments, or is he just a big stiff?

I was concerned perhaps the latter, accounting for only NIU. It always raised my eyebrow when a kid who is a D1 prospect doesn't get interest from his hometown P5 school. But if he has the requisite mobility, then it doesn't seem like a bad roll of the dice.

Last edited:
Well that is because we are a 2nd tier team and are treated as such. Would be nice to hang on to the good ones. It isn't like we are trying to hold on to 5 star guys but can we at least hang on to a high 3 star? lol

Why would a 3 star kid want to go back up 5 star guys when you can come compete for a starting role or actual playing time immediately here. I would be chasing the opportunity to play. I never get upset when a bench guy leaves to go find playing time on a team. I do get upset when starters duck out to start elsewhere or when a blue blood who doesn't even need a kid takes one of ours to put on their shelf.

And to JavaDoc's point. This is a zero sum game and I want Syracuse to win every time. Hold on to the best commits AND flip any good croots that wanna play ball. I will irrational despise anyone that backs on our their commitment. I don't know them and they don't know me and if the only thing I know about them is that they were committed to Syracuse and backed out then I don't like them. lol
2nd tier team? More like 3rd tier at best.
Alabama- Ohio State-Georgia-Clemson of the world are top tier then comes your Texas-Notre Dame-USC-and about 40 more til you get to our level. I wish so bad is wasn’t like this, but it is what it is.

Do you think when we flip a player from a school like NIU their fan says to themselves, "sEe Ya In ThE pOrTaL iN 2 yEaRs?"

I love how we flip kids from ODU and NIU and then the SEC and blue bloods treat us like ODU and NIU. lol good times.
No matter who we flipped him from I like him. I Don’t know anything about his competition but he looks very underrated to me. Seems very mobile for a IOL. Solid strength. Really likes his energy and demeanor. I saw at least one play where he snapped the ball fwiw.

A guy from my old high school in upstate New York was a #1 draft choice of Buffalo in the mid-70s. He never played much in the pros because he was injured but even before that he really wasn’t’ that good. He was just 6’6”, 250 lbs. in high school so he dominated everywhere because of his size. He was in some of my classes and was passed in school without studying much because everyone knew he was going to be a dominant football player. He was a nice guy but he just didn’t need to work that hard to dominate in football or class, IMO.

He also dominated at Notre Dame because back then he could still dominate by his size. But everyone is big and fast in the pros. You always have to work hard and keep getting better.

I’d much rather have the hard-working, underappreciated diamonds in the rough on the team, guys with a bit of a chip on their shoulder and have something to prove. They may be hard to find, but I suspect there are thousands of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.