Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC) Grad Transfer from UT Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC) Grad Transfer from UT Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he be a grad transfer with immediate eligibility, or would be need to sit 1 year?

Would he be a grad transfer with immediate eligibility, or would be need to sit 1 year?

He would have multiple years of eligibility but may need to sit one year, if the NCAA doesn't waive the transfer penalty rule

edit: Disregard, he's a GT actually

Last edited:
I have said this often, starting freshmen olinemen is generally not a great idea. They need extensive technical work and strength. Unless u have an absolute stud it doesn’t work well.

I have said this often, starting freshmen olinemen is generally not a great idea. They need extensive technical work and strength. Unless u have an absolute stud it doesn’t work well.
The guy spent a year in JUCO and two at UT.

Tyler said he may make a decision as early as this month, but does not have a definitive timeframe. He has no other virtual visits currently scheduled. In addition to Syracuse, Eastern Michigan, Arkansas State, New Mexico, BYU and Louisiana-Monroe are prioritizing Tyler.

I'm not asking this question in a critical way -- just curious for info from anyone with insight about this kid and his recruitment.

So, this kid played at Texas -- why the lackluster interest in him now?

Not that I'm complaining, I 100% want to add this kid to improve depth. But of the list, only BYU is pretty good, then a bunch of mid-majors. Seems strange.

I'm not asking this question in a critical way -- just curious for info from anyone with insight about this kid and his recruitment.

So, this kid played at Texas -- why the lackluster interest in him now?

Not that I'm complaining, I 100% want to add this kid to improve depth. But of the list, only BYU is pretty good, then a bunch of mid-majors. Seems strange.
He's a recruit based on potential only. He only saw limited action in JUCO, didn't play his first year at UT, and then opted out last year. He's a flier.

But graduated true? so if he comes and it doesnt work out he can go anywhere he wants pretty easily and still play some more if thats his goal. Even at the low end he is better depth than we have had in yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.