Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville

I think he was seen as being able to come in and compete right away at RT. Not surprised they re-offered.
Yes he would immediately be on our 2 deep at T, and a potential starter IMO.

I would think he would ask for a waiver on that since he was trying to come last yr? did he sit out this yr as well?

I would think he would ask for a waiver on that since he was trying to come last yr? did he sit out this yr as well?
No had one free transfer. Played the entire season. Waivers may no longer be an option with the new rule. Even more so if SU was asking.

No had one free transfer. Played the entire season. Waivers may no longer be an option with the new rule. Even more so if SU was asking.

The way I understand because of the rule, you’re no longer allowed to ask for a waiver

But I could be mistaken

Don’t think he was ever allowed to enroll at Syracuse so not officially a transfer. Should be immediately eligible. And don’t think grades were the issue.

He never enrolled at Syracuse but he did transfer to University of Louisiana Monroe

Wasn't he a JUCO transfer last year? If so, he didn't use his "free" transfer in the portal. Seems like he can now enter the portal and transfer without sitting out a year.

Wasn't he a JUCO transfer last year? If so, he didn't use his "free" transfer in the portal. Seems like he can now enter the portal and transfer without sitting out a year.
No he transferred from Texas last year.

Very unusual situation with this guy.

Stealing from Tomcat's post:

Garden City CC
Iowa Western
Texas
Syracuse
ULM
TBD

Geez.
Yeah, walk away, Dino. Probably not worth the brain damage.

Edit: actually, whatever. I don't even care at this point. It's not my brain, not my damage. Dino only needs to get one year out of him.