Class of 2024 - OL Xavier Miles (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/19/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 OL Xavier Miles (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/19/24)

boom smile GIF

What were his offers at one time?

BC, Rutgers, Temple, Michigan State?

St Peters Prep?

Sure, take the flyer for the good will

Already assumed we would see 8-10 more leave spring portal, so there will be room
article has WVU, GT and Maryland as well by Mike Mcallister

Player sure likes Coach Brown.
I don't see him on any All-State Jersey teams.
The offer sheet is pretty good...but the ratings seem to be low 80s.
I'm thinking he's one of the "under the radar" types.
He's got the potential...can Brown and Co. pull it out of him?
<<<<<<<<<DART>>>>>>>>>>>

I wonder if he was recruited as a "Blue Shirt"?
Maybe Malachi James too.

Last edited:
His brother is a freshman DT for Georgia Tech. Was a four star recruit and was rated as the #5 recruit in NJ last year but he missed his senior season due to injury. Xavier had 10 TFL as a senior, which is the same KJ had at St Peter's for his sophomore and junior seasons.

I think one of the reasons Xavier didn't get the recognition KJ did is because St Peter's had a horrible year in 2023, going 1-9 overall and 0-5 in league play (they were 7-4 and 8-4 the two previous years).

He is very strong. 325 bp. 475 squat. 500 lbs deadlift.

KJ 's Hudl page says he had a 325 bp, 545 squat and a 425 deadlift. I wonder if he got the squat and the deadlift confused? Either way, I think their power number are pretty comparable.

Xavier was a freshman AA. He emerged early, likely because he was so strong at a young age. It looks to me as though he put on a lot of bad weight after that. See him listed at 320 his sophomore year. There are some pictures where he looks really overweight.

I think the added weight hurt his play and his evaluations dropped accordingly. It looks to me as though he lost the bad weight for his senior season and had a much better year.

Was impressed with his tape at DT, where it looks like he is well suited to playing 2 technique, and at OG. I think he could help us on both sides of the line, though I suspect he will end up at DT.

His weight numbers appear all over the place, ranging from 255 to at least 320 but his twitter says 290 now and I think that is about right.

His brother is a freshman DT for Georgia Tech. Was a four star recruit and was rated as the #5 recruit in NJ last year but he missed his senior season due to injury. Xavier had 10 TFL as a senior, which is the same KJ had at St Peter's for his sophomore and junior seasons.

I think one of the reasons Xavier didn't get the recognition KJ did is because St Peter's had a horrible year in 2023, going 1-9 overall and 0-5 in league play (they were 7-4 and 8-4 the two previous years).

KJ 's Hudl page says he had a 325 bp, 545 squat and a 425 deadlift. I wonder if he got the squat and the deadlift confused? Either way, I think their power number are pretty comparable.

Xavier was a freshman AA. He emerged early, likely because he was so strong at a young age. It looks to me as though he put on a lot of bad weight after that. See him listed at 320 his sophomore year. There are some pictures where he looks really overweight.

I think the added weight hurt his play and his evaluations dropped accordingly. It looks to me as though he lost the bad weight for his senior season and had a much better year.

Was impressed with his tape at DT, where it looks like he is well suited to playing 2 technique, and at OG. I think he could help us on both sides of the line, though I suspect he will end up at DT.

His weight numbers appear all over the place, ranging from 255 to at least 320 but his twitter says 290 now and I think that is about right.
His brother actually portalled to Temple.

Hope he can be provide needed depth on the OL

What were his offers at one time?

BC, Rutgers, Temple, Michigan State?

St Peters Prep?

Sure, take the flyer for the good will

Already assumed we would see 8-10 more leave spring portal, so there will be room

Yeah, pretty decent offer list. From the SI article:

Boston College, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Michigan State, Rutgers, West Virginia

Normally, we'd be excited about landing an OL prospect with those kind of peer offers. Funny how quickly having Fran Brown at the helm has changed our perspective / expectations.

No idea how "good" this prospect will be -- time will tell. But the coaching staff must have seen something they liked to extend a committable offer, when they are trying to upgrade the talent on the roster with limited scholies available to do so.

Yeah, pretty decent offer list. From the SI article:

Boston College, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Michigan State, Rutgers, West Virginia

Normally, we'd be excited about landing an OL prospect with those kind of peer offers. Funny how quickly having Fran Brown at the helm has changed our perspective / expectations.

No idea how "good" this prospect will be -- time will tell. But the coaching staff must have seen something they liked to extend a committable offer, when they are trying to upgrade the talent on the roster with limited scholies available to do so.
The issue isn't the offers, it's the timing. Most of those he got as a Soph and his recruiting has been relatively quite for a while. The younger Diggs was a similar case - pursued fairly heavily and then the recruiting just went dark. Now there can be a number of reasons behind that. You hope in Miles's case that he's a late qualifier though or something along those lines and not a kid that plateaued. Could be like tomcat indicated where he put on bad weight and schools backed off, then might be worth a flyer as a reclamation project.

He's at a big time school in NJ with a lot of eyes on it. So I find it hard to believe he was missed. So something else had to cause the schools pursuing him to slow down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom