Old Age & New Age Approach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Old Age & New Age Approach

grandpa-simpson-yelling-at-cloud-simpsons-funny-pictures.jpg

I've never understood the logic behind this. Why are coaches expected to know what kids are doing all hours of the day. When I was in college if I went out at night and got drunk and crashed my car they wouldn't call my chemistry teacher and ask him why he didn't stop me. It seems totally illogical.
It depends. Where you recruited and were given a free ride for being on the chemistry team.

today's kids are a unique breed in many cases...but so are today's parents. I don't envy the coaches that have to deal with their crap.

if my million dollar paycheck is tied to your contracted performance then yes do you live in my house. and welcome to my rules !
So what rules are the kids breaking/bending or he isn't enforcing/? I think one rule JB has is that you must play defense. Don't play D, don't play. But just let a kid miss a defensive assignment badly and get taken out you and many other her cry foul!

we're talking off court here amigo. how about we start with :
A ) go to class. (they get a sh#tload of help academically).
B ) stay out of trouble. cops call us you're done.
C ) don't take any cash without clearing it through proper channels

is that asking too much ?

It depends. Where you recruited and were given a free ride for being on the chemistry team.
You are correct I wasn't recruited or given a scholarship. So you are saying if I had an academic scholarship that the teachers would be expected to look after me outside of class?

did your chemistry class list team rules ? and did you agree to follow them or be expelled ?
and if you were one of my ten students and my million $ salary depended on your knowledge of polymers i would tuck you in every night with a story about alcohol dehydrogenase.

did your chemistry class list team rules ? and did you agree to follow them or be expelled ?
Say it again. We didn't get it the first 450 times.

Does anyone know a cop in Durham or Chapel Hill? I need to have them make a call for me. If there is a cash problem in college athletics it's with the NCAA and not with some 19 year old kid.

as a concession speech i find it rather lackluster. but i'll take it. thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom