Old Dominion Prediction Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Old Dominion Prediction Thread...

Roosevelt Bouie 68
Ronnie Valentine 67

REVENGE!

(In January 1980, the #1 team had lost during the week and since we were #2, we were poised to take over the #1 spot - all we had to do was beat ODU. We lost 68-67 on a shot that left the shooter's hand after the buzzer went off. I have hated them ever since.)

Roosevelt Bouie 68
Ronnie Valentine 67

REVENGE!

(In January 1980, the #1 team had lost during the week and since we were #2, we were poised to take over the #1 spot - all we had to do was beat ODU. We lost 68-67 on a shot that left the shooter's hand after the buzzer went off. I have hated them ever since.)

This game CRUSHED me. I remember not understanding how other people could go about through the rest of the weekend - it was a Sat or Sun game, and still do things. I was 13 and it hit me like a pet dieing. Ever since then all bad feelings after a loss are measured to that feeling.

I am reliving it just thinking about it. Even as bad as that loss hit me I am glad I had something to root for that I cared that much about.

Roosevelt Bouie 68
Ronnie Valentine 67

REVENGE!

That was the next game after the Purdue game.

That was a painful loss.

Love how clean the screen looks with just the score and no other nonsense. But seriously, where is the shotclock?!

How about them uniforms? Orange zebra sides. Very hip.

Love how clean the screen looks with just the score and no other nonsense. But seriously, where is the shotclock?!

How about them uniforms? Orange zebra sides. Very hip.
If you weren't kidding (sorry - I couldn't tell), the shot clock wasn't implemented in college hoops until the 1985–86 season (45 seconds at that point).

Mookie Jones - 68
Justin Verlander - 65

Last edited:
I hope the people predicting Syracuse crushes ODU are right. ODU might be better than Buffalo.
This is true. And Jeff Jones is a very, very good coach. And excellent tactician. This is no gimme.

As for Stith, I still have nightmares about his father (Bryant), who scored 30 against SU during the second round of the 1990 NCAAs. Fortunately, the long arm of the law, Derrick Coleman blocked Stith's game-tying attempt near the rim with 2 seconds left as SU advanced, 63-61, over Virginia. Tough game.

Link to the gamer:
Time Machine: Syracuse knocks Virginia out in NCAA Tournament

If you weren't kidding (sorry - I couldn't tell), the shot clock wasn't implemented in college hoops until the 1985–86 season (45 seconds at that point).
Doh! I meant game clock!

This is true. And Jeff Jones is a very, very good coach. And excellent tactician. This is no gimme.

As for Stith, I still have nightmares about his father (Bryant), who scored 30 against SU during the second round of the 1990 NCAAs. Fortunately, the long arm of the law, Derrick Coleman blocked Stith's game-tying attempt near the rim with 2 seconds left as SU advanced, 63-61, over Virginia. Tough game.

Link to the gamer:
Time Machine: Syracuse knocks Virginia out in NCAA Tournament

I was watching the first round games at the Omni in Atlanta and just hoping the scoreboard would scroll faster to our score update. That was stressful waiting for that to go final.

I hope the people predicting Syracuse crushes ODU are right. ODU might be better than Buffalo.
D8DC6B32-CCCB-4250-BCA6-45D1983D0C4C.jpeg

So, we can beat ODU, VCU, Texas, and Carolina tomorrow! Cool.