Old Games - Cuse vs Nova | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Old Games - Cuse vs Nova

The annoying thing too is that all of the full games I’ve found on YouTube from the 2010 season are losses (Butler, Louisville, and Big East Tourney). The ACC network actually showed the game against Marquette at the Dome from that year not long ago. Besides the Nova game, I’d love to see the UNC game from MSG and the game against Georgetown at the Dome from that season.

SU should have some sort of archive fans can access. There is so many old games I’d love to watch.

Good idea but there's the whole tv/internet rights issue.

Yeah that game was over at the first half under 16 timeout. I would forget about that one.

One of the refs fell and hit his head early on and they played the rest of the game with 2 refs who called approximately 97 fouls. And Dante Cunningham did whatever he wanted because nobody on Syracuse had any interest in defending the high post that day. Kind of a disappointing game, especially because I had really good seats.

The 2010 team was so much fun to watch, incredibly balanced. I heard them described as “Noah’s Ark”. They had 2 of everything.

Ball handlers? – We had 2 (Scoop and Triche)

Shooters? We had 2 (Rautins and Wes)

Slashers? – We had 2 (Wes and Kris Joseph)

Low post scorers? We had 2 (AO and Rick)

Plus a great zone, outstanding ball movement and tremendous chemistry.

Is AO still day to day?

Oh what might have been….

The 2010 tourney is the last time that every single game wasn't televised. It was only one game at a time on CBS. So I had to go to a bar to watch the game. I was a trainwreck throughout, and then had to make a quick run to the bathroom at the second half under 4 timeout. I come back, and a group of people had come in and requested that the TV with the SU game be changed to a regular season Washington Capitals game. It remains to this day the only time I've ever come close to starting a bar fight. I LOST it.

When people discuss greats at Syracuse (even if for one year), Wes Johnson is somehow always left off lists. Probably one of the most complete players Syracuse has ever had

When people discuss greats at Syracuse (even if for one year), Wes Johnson is somehow always left off lists. Probably one of the most complete players Syracuse has ever had

Yep and he was such a team player who did not need the spotlight. He complemented that team perfectly as the star/best player. I remember the debate towards the end of that season of giving co-player of the year honors to Wes and Andy.

The 2010 tourney is the last time that every single game wasn't televised. It was only one game at a time on CBS. So I had to go to a bar to watch the game. I was a trainwreck throughout, and then had to make a quick run to the bathroom at the second half under 4 timeout. I come back, and a group of people had come in and requested that the TV with the SU game be changed to a regular season Washington Capitals game. It remains to this day the only time I've ever come close to starting a bar fight. I LOST it.

You know what, though? CBS temporarily cut the national feed away from the SU game around that time anyway. Don't recall if it was due to technical problems or if there was an exciting finish in the other semifinal (I don't think that was it), but we missed that questionable Rautins turnover just before the crazy Butler suplex/back-iron corner three sequence, IIRC. People in our house were not pleased.

Speaking of TV, it's nice to see all the games, but it was infuriating the following year when we had to play in the ridiculously late Sunday game for cable TV purposes. Mostly because I had to eat my ticket, but also because I think it probably screwed up the team's rhythm.

Last edited:
Good idea but there's the whole tv/internet rights issue.

Doesn’t SU own all these games?

Also, unrelated there is a website on the boneyard that has every uconn game. I went there and found a few SU-uconn games that way.

Doesn’t SU own all these games?

Also, unrelated there is a website on the boneyard that has every uconn game. I went there and found a few SU-uconn games that way.

No the broadcaster owns the rights to all the games so ESPN, CBS etc owns the rights. That's how the ACC schools get all the tv money.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom