Old man on the Porch 3, Sane callers 1 | Syracusefan.com

Old man on the Porch 3, Sane callers 1

690West

Moneyline Master
Listening to the locals call in on "Bud and the Manchild" this morning. We've had 3 callers with the following takes:

-Upset that Gross has the gall to even bring up academics.

-We shouldn't ever trust Gross for anything cuz he hired GROB

-Where's the loyalty to the BE after being a member forever.

Amazing....

I am finding a lot of people only looking at this from a basketball perspective ... pissed there is no more BET. I look at it as survival and more money to upgrade facilities and recruiting.

Listening to the locals call in on "Bud and the Manchild" this morning. We've had 3 callers with the following takes:

-Upset that Gross has the gall to even bring up academics.

-We shouldn't ever trust Gross for anything cuz he hired GROB

-Where's the loyalty to the BE after being a member forever.

Amazing....
Wow...talk about not seeing the bigger picture...

I understand people being upset. I understand missing the BE and the BET @ MSG I get all that, but I can't understand why fans think that this isn't a great move that was a must for SU athletics long term. Its either this or hope that someone else takes us.

Read the UConn and Rutgers boards and tell me we didn't do the right thing. They are losing it and should be because they have no garantee at this point.

I knew this would be the reaction. CNY LOVES basketball. Football, eh. The loss of the BET is much more upsetting to the local CNY fan than the potential of being in a cobbled-together mess with the likes of Kansas, Iowa State, and KState for football.

Unfortunately, they aren't bright enough to realize that the ACC Tourney + MSG = GOLD. That will happen.

I am finding a lot of people only looking at this from a basketball perspective ... pissed there is no more BET. I look at it as survival and more money to upgrade facilities and recruiting.
exactly..most of the people in my office who were upset about the acc move today kept bringing up no more BET..but had no idea about the more revenue and money that will be coming in. i know money isnt everything, but like you said survival is a great word to use in this case and is one of the most important features

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom