Old quote... | Syracusefan.com

Old quote...

It's so true. Last night I watched the game with an SU fan who's very not Irish, and he was all "oh, this is fine, this game isn't in doubt" the whole time, while I was wary even when we were up 17. I needed two extra beers to get through the end of it.

And I'm mostly Irish. Of course.

And there's a saying in Sicilian which translates roughly into, "If Christ walked across the water in front of Taormina, you'd be the one who noticed he had a limp".

And there's a saying in Sicilian which translates roughly into, "If Christ walked across the water in front of Taormina, you'd be the one who noticed he had a limp".

Let's also not forget that the original Syracuse is in Sicily. Although the original Orangemen were from Ireland. Go figure.

In the words of a famous SU alum - Just win baby!

I came across an old quote from WB Yeats today, which reminded me of some people on this board:

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

That is perfect...lol

O lost, and by the wind grieved, ghost, come back again!

That just about sums up the Syracuse fan. We can all go there, and frequently do. But we sure relish those temporary periods of joy, don't we?

in the truest sense of classic greek tragedy the mortal wound is self-inflicted through some inherent weakness or character flaw.
in other words...if lovin' cuse is wrong then i don't wanna be right...

I'm half Irish and half Italian. Not sure how this fits, it's not original, but when it comes to Syracuse sports I've always lived by the old "Hope for the best, and expect the worst".

There's a certain sense of fatalism that's inherent in this Syracuse fan.

I came across an old quote from WB Yeats today, which reminded me of some people on this board:

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

The ignore function can cure that very fast. My ignore list is growing with every negative post. I am enjoying the board more than I have in years. Thanks admins!

in the truest sense of classic greek tragedy the mortal wound is self-inflicted through some inherent weakness or character flaw.
in other words...if lovin' cuse is wrong then i don't wanna be right...

Outstanding cite to the religious luminary Reverend Brown. He helped Gilligan get off the island...

arsenio-hall-rev-brown.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom