older cuse fans I got a question | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

older cuse fans I got a question

Some of my favorites over the years, in no particular order, and I have no specific criteria:
Dale Shackleford
Pearl
Erich Santifer
Raf Addison
Arinze
Hak
Melo!

The one team that drove me nuts was that 2006-2007 team when TRob and Watkins were seniors. SO much potential and it led to an NIT year.

Look Pearl was my favorite player when I was a kid. But if we’re being honest he couldn’t compare physically or skill-wise to Melo
You're right. Fab was was such a higher skilled and physically gifted player. ;)

44cuse

Some of my favorites over the years, in no particular order, and I have no specific criteria:
Dale Shackleford
Pearl
Erich Santifer
Raf Addison
Arinze
Hak
Melo!

The one team that drove me nuts was that 2006-2007 team when TRob and Watkins were seniors. SO much potential and it led to an NIT year.
It's unfortunate we never got to see TRob w/ a healthy knee. I think by his senior year he wasn't practicing at all.

How about :
Reggie Powell
The Bug
Danny Bojive Boyle
I considered them too! More honorable mentions.

Well, Bug and Reggie. Didn't really dig Boyle's schtick.

Other HMs:
Bob Dooms
Chris Sease
Chuck Wichman
Tom Stundis
Freddie Saunders
Lots of people already mentioned

Now I'm boring everyone under 60 years old. Oh well.

Other HMs:
Bob Dooms
Chris Sease
Chuck Wichman
Tom Stundis
Freddie Saunders

Saunders was a great player. Interesting thing with him was he was a senior transfer that only played 1/2 of a season as he was not eligible until after the first semester. Played in the NBA for a few seasons. I know you probably knew all this...but for the younger crowd

Love Hall & Oates. There was a period there in the late 70's and 80" where they churned out hit after hit. One of my wife's favorite bands. They're one of those groups you'll never admit to liking...but secretly do.
A friend of mine once claimed that Hall & Oates was no one's favorite band. Sure, you may like "Sara Smile", or "Private Eyes", but you'd never claim them as your favorite.

The key phrase here is "One of my wife's favorite bands."

I understand completely.
Yeah, saw them at SPAC. Snoozefest.

He wasn't in the time frame that was given. Now if the question was name your favorite 7 foot tall trombone players, I'm listing him regardless of time period!
I missed the timeframe. I thought we older fans were to talk about the old days.

Other HMs:
Bob Dooms
Chris Sease
Chuck Wichman
Tom Stundis
Freddie Saunders

How can all you old timers leave out one of my all time favorites, Bill Smith?

No one ran a fast break better than Kid Kohls and Sweet D, ball never touched the ground. No one was ever more athletic than Stevie T. Hak was no slouch in that department. Players that put on great shows in the big dance now compose our coaching staff.

How can all you old timers leave out one of my all time favorites, Bill Smith?
I saw him play but never really warmed up to him. I was more partial to Tommie Green and Sam Penceal back then.

Although, I should give Smith respect for one thing I saw him do. He was lined up for a free throw, 2nd in line. As the SU player shot the FT, Smith shoved the guy that was in the inside position off of the court. I don't remember why he did it but I thought it was pretty funny at the time.

Other HMs:
Bob Dooms
Chris Sease
Chuck Wichman
Tom Stundis
Freddie Saunders

I think Bobby Dooms passed a few years ago.
Some guys I knew lived in Kimmel or Marion (can’t recall which) when frosh players were housed there and I used to hang there occasionally. Bob was such a nice, big, happy kid. Dennis Duval was simply the coolest guy and Rudy Hackett was nice and pretty reserved. Those were the three that I interacted with the most.

I think Bobby Dooms passed a few years ago.
Some guys I knew lived in Kimmel or Marion (can’t recall which) when frosh players were housed there and I used to hang there occasionally. Bob was such a nice, big, happy kid. Dennis Duval was simply the coolest guy and Rudy Hackett was nice and pretty reserved. Those were the three that I interacted with the most.
He did. Along with Bob Parker a few years before Bob. R.I.P Bob Dooms March 4th 2020 Butler Pa

I saw him play but never really warmed up to him. I was more partial to Tommie Green and Sam Penceal back then.

Although, I should give Smith respect for one thing I saw him do. He was lined up for a free throw, 2nd in line. As the SU player shot the FT, Smith shoved the guy that was in the inside position off of the court. I don't remember why he did it but I thought it was pretty funny at the time.

Smith also threw a punch at a ref during a game at WVU

Love the question but impossible to answer. Maybe cause I'm an old-timer, but it's like asking what's my favorite Beatles/BobMarley/StevieWonder/LedZeppelin/EWF/Hall&Oates/Stones etc. etc. etc... song is.
Or better yet..."what's my favorite kind of music"?
I always feel like I'm forgetting someone, because I usually am! LOL

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

[/QU
Bob Marley had a serious crush on the woman who is now my better half. She hand carried his studio tape from the Kingston studio to Island Records in London where she was their publicist.

So many.
Kid best shooter all time
Rosie
Sweet D
Jimmy Lee
Bob Doooooms
Chris Rocketman Sease
Louis O
Bug
Marty
DC
Billy