OLine | Syracusefan.com

OLine

PhatOrange

Living Legend
I didn’t see the game but watching a few highlights I’m pretty sure I saw #70 (Cruz) in the game at 14-0, on a TD run, so early on. Looked like he was in for Berg at LT.

Anyone notice what the makeup of the line was and if any players moved around? Not in blowout time but first half stuff.

I also noticed a lot of pulling …they pulled Davis from tackle on tuckers long run (as well as motioning Gadsden and him leading that gap. Seems like they went back to last years run game scheme a little. We’ll see how it works against NC State.

More balance will make this O really hard to stop.

I didn’t see the game but watching a few highlights I’m pretty sure I saw #70 (Cruz) in the game at 14-0, on a TD run, so early on. Looked like he was in for Berg at LT.

Anyone notice what the makeup of the line was and if any players moved around? Not in blowout time but first half stuff.

I also noticed a lot of pulling …they pulled Davis from tackle on tuckers long run (as well as motioning Gadsden and him leading that gap. Seems like they went back to last years run game scheme a little. We’ll see how it works against NC State.

that was right after berg got banged up, didnt see much line shuffling until backups went in

Agree 100%

Got two weeks to get healthy and install some wrinkles on top of all of what’s worked in the passing game too

Yes, they made a number of tweaks with the OL and blocking schemes. Of course, it would have been shocking had they not done so given our previous issues with the running game. It remains to be seen how effective the changes will be against defenses not wearing Wagner uniforms, but it was nice to see the changes. Get healthy, unveil a few more things in the run dept. that were most assuredly NOT for public display yesterday, and let's see where it takes us. This year's Orange continues to evolve.

He rolled in all night. Sometimes a swap with Davis. Once or twice Davis moved to LG for Ellis.

I just wish we had a dominant center. I feel like a lot of the olines problems would shrink if Vett wasn't in the offensive backfield.

The fact is Babers and company held back a lot of the run game the first 4 to keep Wagner in the dark. They stayed vanilla with TheVille, UConn, Purdue and UVa so as not to give Wagner too much film. They knew they would need this one to get that bowl game and didn't want to leave it to chance.

And yes this is sarcasm ... I just couldn't help myself.

Michael Hay probably has a record on par with DiMaggio’s hit streak for penalities.
But he brought toughness...

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Think Cruz ultimately goes on to be the next OL drafted after Bergeron

Man when was the last we could say that at Cuse?

Our team is loaded with NFL talent this season. Let’s hope they turn it into something special

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom