Ollie tries to silence rumors | Syracusefan.com

Ollie tries to silence rumors

He gone. Based on the teams looking for coaches and the respect guys like Lebron and KD have for him, Ollie has to be under strong consideration in LA, Golden St, NY (if Kerr picks another job), and Chicago (if Thibs goes to LA). Not to mention that Indy and OKC could still fire their coaches- those are all very good NBA jobs.

If Stevens got 6 million last year, Ollie should easily get an offer over $5 million per. That would be hard to turn down to go back to Storrs. Even if he flopped in the NBA, he could land a good college job and like we talk about with players, his value is most likely at its highest point now.

Full_Rebar said:
He gone. Based on the teams looking for coaches and the respect guys like Lebron and KD have for him, Ollie has to be under strong consideration in LA, Golden St, NY (if Kerr picks another job), and Chicago (if Thibs goes to LA). Not to mention that Indy and OKC could still fire their coaches- those are all very good NBA jobs. If Stevens got 6 million last year, Ollie should easily get an offer over $5 million per. That would be hard to turn down to go back to Storrs. Even if he flopped in the NBA, he could land a good college job and like we talk about with players, his value is most likely at its highest point now.

Not going anywhere.

Meeting with NBA teams isn't the way to silence the rumors. IMO this is just to hype up his rep, generate buzz for him to build his stature as a coach, and make NBA contacts for the future. I doubt he leaves UConn.

I said before, unless UConn can improve it's status by getting in a better league, Ollie will start looking elsewhere. Staying in the AAC is not an option if UConn wants to keep Ollie.

I said before, unless UConn can improve it's status by getting in a better league, Ollie will start looking elsewhere. Staying in the AAC is not an option i wants to keep Ollie.

gotta love those filters..

gotta love those filters..
I don't understand. Tying to edit actually shows the right wording but it doesn't change it when I tell it to keep the edits.

SBU72 said:
I said before, unless UConn can improve it's status by getting in a better league, Ollie will start looking elsewhere. Staying in the AAC is not an option i wants to keep Ollie.

With a recent NC and 4 in the last 16 years, UConn will be highly competitive for the next 5-6 years. If they make another Final 4 during that time - and that wouldn't surprise me - they'll be a big boy program for another 4-5 years. That's without joining a better conference.

I don't understand. Tying to edit actually shows the right wording but it doesn't change it when I tell it to keep the edits.

You are not allowed to say F [a certain school in connecticut]. So if you write if [a certain school in connecticut] the filter will pick up the bolded and underlined part and delete it.

You are not allowed to say F [a certain school in connecticut]. So if you write if [a certain school in connecticut] the filter will pick up the bolded and underlined part and delete it.
Oh Lord

Uconns going to be legit for a while longer, I've come to accept it. But we have a better BRAND and own conference realignment...so we can make t shirts of that I guess.

That is so dumb.

Why wouldn't Ollie be looking at some of these jobs? NY, LA, GS (possibly OKC, Indy, and Chicago) are all good jobs with a huge salary increase. He's probably not going to be any hotter than he is right now.

So I suppose I should have said. if UC:crazy:nn wants to keep Ollie, then they better find a better conference to play in. That wouldn't be disparaging to them would it?;)

Full_Rebar said:
Why wouldn't Ollie be looking at some of these jobs? NY, LA, GS (possibly OKC, Indy, and Chicago) are all good jobs with a huge salary increase. He's probably not going to be any hotter than he is right now.

Maybe he's comfortable where he is. I think he can live pretty well on 2.5 million. Why didn't JB and K make the jump?

Maybe he's comfortable where he is. I think he can live pretty well on 2.5 million. Why didn't JB and K make the jump?

JB and K did not have decade long NBA careers and connections there to get additional jobs after the first one. It's a risk.

Congrats Kevin Ollie will make more money a season from UConn than UConn will receive in TV revenue from the AAC. Good luck elevating your football program in that crap conference with your BB coach making more than the entire TV contract UConn will receive.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/3163/a-comparison-conference-television-deals
From 2014-15 through the 2019-2020 school year, the former Big East is expected to receive $20 million annually for both football and basketball. Sources are also reporting the former Big East is nearing a new deal with CBS for select basketball games that will pay approximately $2 million per year.

Congrats Kevin Ollie will make more money a season from UConn than UConn will receive in TV revenue from the AAC. Good luck elevating your football program in that crap conference with your BB coach making more than the entire TV contract UConn will receive.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/3163/a-comparison-conference-television-deals
From 2014-15 through the 2019-2020 school year, the former Big East is expected to receive $20 million annually for both football and basketball. Sources are also reporting the former Big East is nearing a new deal with CBS for select basketball games that will pay approximately $2 million per year.

Keeping Ollie is good for them. Their lack of money is a problem, but they are winning.

Now, had they had to recruit a new coach to that ship, it would sink. With Ollie, recruits and everyone knows they can win. Let's hope he changes his mind right after Scott Brooks gets canned...

Keeping Ollie is good for them. Their lack of money is a problem, but they are winning.

Now, had they had to recruit a new coach to that ship, it would sink. With Ollie, recruits and everyone knows they can win. Let's hope he changes his mind right after Scott Brooks gets canned...
I'm curious what the buyout looks like.

UCONN gets quite a bit of money from NCAA credits.

I think they'll get something like $8million next year.

UCONN gets quite a bit of money from NCAA credits.

I think they'll get something like $8million next year.
LOL 8 million themselves? The NCAA credit money is divided by conference members and without Louisville the AAC will have one less good tournament team.

I agree the credit money will give the American a nice little chunk of money, but the money UConn/Cincinnati/South Florida are getting from the Big East exit fees is going to sustain for 3 years, but paying Ollie 3 million a season is going to drain UConn if they are in the American in 3 years. You can't afford to pay Ollie 3 million, his staff and pay your football coach a decent salary on the AAC TV contract. That AAC TV deal pays UConn LESS compensation than UConn will pay Ollie. With your conference schedule requiring better non-conference games means you will have less home games in the non-conference for revenue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom