Ollie tries to silence rumors | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ollie tries to silence rumors

Yes.
Please provide me with a link that shows the American conference will be receiving about 8 million dollars per school in NCAA tournament shares. If you are going to claim its the money that Syracuse/Louisville/Pitt/Notre Dame/Catholic 7 left on the table when they bolted the Big East that is short term money and going to be gone in 3 years. Ollie's contract is longer than 3 years and expenses in the AAC will drain even more revenue.

Good for Ollie getting 3 million a year, but he took a lot of money from UConn rightfully so I might add. Money that if UConn wants to play big boy football will require insane athletic fundraising to sustain high caliber FB and BB programs. I now hope Geno sees Ollie's salary and demands more.

Please provide me with a link that shows the American conference will be receiving about 8 million dollars per school in NCAA tournament shares. If you are going to claim its the money that Syracuse/Louisville/Pitt/Notre Dame/Catholic 7 left on the table when they bolted the Big East that is short term money and going to be gone in 3 years. Ollie's contract is longer than 3 years and expenses in the AAC will drain even more revenue.

Good for Ollie getting 3 million a year, but he took a lot of money from UConn rightfully so I might add. Money that if UConn wants to play big boy football will require insane athletic fundraising to sustain high caliber FB and BB programs. I now hope Geno sees Ollie's salary and demands more.

Are you factoring tickets? donations?

Did you know the women's program get well over a $1 million=/year for its sny contract?

At some point, UCONN can't keep doubling Ollies contract everytime he wins a NC.

But for now, he is on a list with Izzo, Boeheim, Calipari, Fisher & Bill Self as the active coaches with 1 NC. He's got to be paid.

Are you factoring tickets? donations?

Did you know the women's program get well over a $1 million=/year for its sny contract?

At some point, UCONN can't keep doubling Ollies contract everytime he wins a NC.

But for now, he is on a list with Izzo, Boeheim, Calipari, Fisher & Bill Self as the active coaches with 1 NC. He's got to be paid.
From the ESPN rankings issue last September UConn was the 31st most profitable basketball program. That has to do with the fact you play a lot of games at a smaller on-campus arena than at the XL Center. Now I agree that isn't bad and the Women's and Men's teams are in the black, but the expenses are higher with higher salaries and as a result that strains the AD's ability to spend on football.

As your football program can't be in the black unless fundraising is really good to off set the 85 scholarships, expenses, and lack of TV money.

I think Ollie earned his money, but something tells me he wasn't going to do your AD any favors and take a hometown discount after he was only given an 11 month contract and Jim Calhoun had to force him down your AD's throat. Their relationship is probably a lot better now, but I doubt the feelings are forgotten.

So are UConn fan's thinking 3 or 4 titles in the next 5 years?

"At some point, UCONN can't keep doubling Ollies contract everytime he wins a NC."

Your luck will run out sometime. It should've run out after '04 your last legit championship.

"At some point, UCONN can't keep doubling Ollies contract everytime he wins a NC."

Your luck will run out sometime. It should've run out after '04 your last legit championship.

Good point.

UCONN is 26-5 over its last 31 NCAA games.

I think Ollie will get to a FF in the next 3 years, win a NC in the next 5 & then bolt to the NBA.

Just for you, we'll make number 5 legit.

It should've run out after '04 your last legit championship.

So, if you are higher than a 2 seed it doesn't count?

Fun Facts:

In 2003, SU won 30 games with the best player in the NCAA despite being a 3 seed.

In 2011, UCONN won 32 games with the best player in the NCAA despite being a 3 seed.

So, if you are higher than a 2 seed it doesn't count?

Fun Facts:

In 2003, SU won 30 games with the best player in the NCAA despite being a 3 seed.

In 2011, UCONN won 32 games with the best player in the NCAA despite being a 3 seed.

You can't compare our run in '03 to your run in '11.

You notice no Cuse fans post anymore at your board?

We still have a sense of humor and allow you guys to post your stuff here...

Sorry Husky...you guys have turned in all your Green Stamps.

Well, it must be over for UCONN. I read about it on the SU board :)

This is like deja vu all over again.

Who cares whether there championships are lucky enough. As a fan I'll take lucky championships every single year if I'm lucky enough to get them.

As for UConn's future, I'm sure when there money starts to dry up in the next 3-5 years they'll have a good feel of what is going to happen to their football program and conference realignment. I can see them dumping football, joining the BE and getting back into MSG land for their conference tourneys. I'm sure MSG would love that as well as the BE. I mean can anyone really see UConn in a conference with Houston, SMU, etc for the next 10, 20 years plus? Something is going to have to give at some point one way or another. Either they find their way into a football conference or they stay really good at hoops in the BE and dump their football program.

Why does every UConn fan think this means Ollie is staying? Unless he's got a mega-buyout, it wouldn't stop a NBA team or a big-time program from stealing him...even this summer.

Why does every UConn fan think this means Ollie is staying? Unless he's got a mega-buyout, it wouldn't stop a NBA team or a big-time program from stealing him...even this summer.

I don't think he leaves until he wins one or two more NC's.

5 or 6 years

You can't compare our run in '03 to your run in '11.

We were both 3 seeds.

We both had the best player in the tourney

We ended winning almost the same number of games.

Now, Carmelo was better than Kemba, but Carmelo didn't have as talented a surrounding cast.

We were both 3 seeds.

We both had the best player in the tourney

We ended winning almost the same number of games.

Now, Carmelo was better than Kemba, but Carmelo didn't have as talented a surrounding cast.
Don't compare your 2011 run to our 2003 run.

We beat a 14 seed, 6 seed, 10 seed, 1 seed, 1 seed, 2 seed to win the NC

UConn in 2011 beat a 14 seed, 6 seed, 2 seed, 4 seed, 4 seed, 8 seed to win the NC.

Your run this year was legit because you beat Michigan State and Florida who were the 2 top teams before the tournament started and you beat another 1 seed and very talented Kentucky team, and obviously your 1999 and 2004 titles were legit.

However, UConn has had a horseshoe up their butt in getting good draws in the right year. Don't try telling us your 2011 title run was the even close to the same level of difficulty as our 2003 run.

Don't compare your 2011 run to our 2003 run.

We beat a 14 seed, 6 seed, 10 seed, 1 seed, 1 seed, 2 seed to win the NC

UConn in 2011 beat a 14 seed, 6 seed, 2 seed, 4 seed, 4 seed, 8 seed to win the NC.

Your run this year was legit because you beat Michigan State and Florida who were the 2 top teams before the tournament started and you beat another 1 seed and very talented Kentucky team, and obviously your 1999 and 2004 titles were legit.

However, UConn has had a horseshoe up their butt in getting good draws in the right year. Don't try telling us your 2011 title run was the even close to the same level of difficulty as our 2003 run.

Well, if we do a little math...

The average seed of the Syracuse opponents was a 5.7, which rounds up to a 6.
The average seed of the Uconn opponents was a 6.3, which rounds down to a 6.

Fine, Syracuse's was slightly tougher. But "Don't try telling us your 2011 title run was the even close to the same level of difficulty as our 2003 run"...seems a bit over the top.

I don't think he leaves until he wins one or two more NC's.

5 or 6 years
Ollie has NBA written all over him. No way in a million years he stays 5 or 6 more years and no way does he win another NC at Yukon. They made him a great deal to stay but he should have taken the NBA money all the way to the bank (and he still might).

Well, if we do a little math...

The average seed of the Syracuse opponents was a 5.7, which rounds up to a 6.
The average seed of the Uconn opponents was a 6.3, which rounds down to a 6.

Fine, Syracuse's was slightly tougher. But "Don't try telling us your 2011 title run was the even close to the same level of difficulty as our 2003 run"...seems a bit over the top.
There was no comparision between our Final 3 rounds and yours.

Who cares? The more we argue with Con-U fans, the more they just come here and try to piss us off. They had amazing runs. They got lucky. They didn't have tough draws. They won. Whatever.

Just go back to the junkyard.

Congrats!!!

But i think the objective is to win it all. Survive and advance and all that.

UCONN first NC team beat the "greatest college basketball team of all time" - but I can tell you, each of the four national championship teams are delicious in their own way.

Congrats!!!

But i think the objective is to win it all. Survive and advance and all that.

UCONN first NC team beat the "greatest college basketball team of all time" - but I can tell you, each of the four national championship teams are delicious in their own way.
Dude troll away but you talk in circles...done with you

Who cares!!! Bottom line is that you are still Yukon. Go circle jerk with your other boneyarders.

I am done with you UConn fans if your just going to troll. Its pointless. That 2011 while a legit title and memory that can never be taken was the easiest road ever for a champion. You guys were a 3 seed that only wore your blue jerseys 1 time in 6 games that is such an outlier its a joke, The only higher seed you played was from a midmajor conference. You earned the title, but it was such an easy draw. You didn't play any 1 seeds, and got hot and won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom