Omari Palmer, Kyle Knapp, Morris & McFarlane | Syracusefan.com

Omari Palmer, Kyle Knapp, Morris & McFarlane

PhatOrange

Living Legend
The two backs looked pretty good against FSU’s 2s and 3s, but what I also noticed was that Palmer (left guard) and Knapp (right tackle) got a lot of run and looked decent. Hickey stayed in the game at LT that I could tell and Knapp was playing right tackle. I know Emerich got PT and was injured late in the game (to me it didn’t look serious I thought it was a ankle) but the backup line didn’t do a bad job. The backs got positive yardage on every carry and the FSU kids knew we were going to run the ball.

I didn’t see Lasker in the game and I can’t recall if Robinson stayed in at right guard or not. But from what I could tell the 4th Q line L to R was Hickey, Palmer, Mackey/Emmerich, Robinson and Knapp.

Short of Mackey (and Wales) we should return the entire offensive line plus the tight ends. If someone can emerge at QB (better than what we’re getting now) and we add a few ready made frosh WR’s to go with Broyld, Estime and West we should be much improved on O next season.

Of course the one IF is a pretty big IF but this is why it’s imperative we make a bowl game for QB development so that Wilson and Kimble get a ton of reps running the 1’s and 2s and not the scout team. Then spring ball should be game on time.

The spring game is always on time. ;)

Yes, agree 100% it's very important to give the young guys AND the staff to get some extra work and time together.

While i'd be thrilled if Hickey is back, I'm not betting on it. If he leaves, he could be our biggest loss (he or Bromley).

I have a hard time seeing Hickey making an All Conference team so unless he completely blows away at workouts I just can't seem him being projected as anything but a late round pick. He's needs another year imo.

Robinson was out for a bit...looked like his ankle..
Lasker was in at Right Tackle..but it was late in the game when he went in

Also saw Sloan and Trejo in late on the DL

The two backs looked pretty good against FSU’s 2s and 3s, but what I also noticed was that Palmer (left guard) and Knapp (right tackle) got a lot of run and looked decent. Hickey stayed in the game at LT that I could tell and Knapp was playing right tackle. I know Emerich got PT and was injured late in the game (to me it didn’t look serious I thought it was a ankle) but the backup line didn’t do a bad job. The backs got positive yardage on every carry and the FSU kids knew we were going to run the ball.

I didn’t see Lasker in the game and I can’t recall if Robinson stayed in at right guard or not. But from what I could tell the 4th Q line L to R was Hickey, Palmer, Mackey/Emmerich, Robinson and Knapp.

Short of Mackey (and Wales) we should return the entire offensive line plus the tight ends. If someone can emerge at QB (better than what we’re getting now) and we add a few ready made frosh WR’s to go with Broyld, Estime and West we should be much improved on O next season.

Of course the one IF is a pretty big IF but this is why it’s imperative we make a bowl game for QB development so that Wilson and Kimble get a ton of reps running the 1’s and 2s and not the scout team. Then spring ball should be game on time.

Robinson was out earlier than the rest of the line. Hope it isn't serious.

One virtue of having a season with so many blow-outs, (two won, four lost), is that we, along with the opposition, get to play a lot of guys in real game action. When we have seasons were all the games are withing 2-3 TDs of each other, we stick with our starters the whole game and the reserves, (beyond the 2 deep, anyway) become spectators. In a way the blow-out losses may be better in this regard than the blow-out wins because the third stringers will learn more, (and the staff will learn more about them) playing the Florida State third stringers than the Wagner third stringers.

Who took his guard spot?

Palmer I think...

I know I saw Knapp, Lasker, Palmer, Emrich and Miller all play. One of the centers (I think Emerich but it could have been miller) hurt his arm late in the 4th quarter and Macky had to go back in

But the line changes were late in the game. The Ones on the OL (except Robinson and then Trudo) played through the third quarter into the 4th. That screen pass to McFarland, Macky was leading the charge downfield...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom