On A Positive | Syracusefan.com

On A Positive

anomander

Living Legend
IMO if I was a qb who wanted to come in and compete for a starting job as a FR this would be a very attractive offense to me. We are loaded at RB (Smith, PTG, AAM, Morris), you have play making WR with Funderburke/West, solid TE with Wales/Thompson, and the most under rated group the O-Line. Mackey/Hickey/Trudo/Foy/Knapp/Miller etc. Not to mention good depth across the board...except qb. Now if HCSS can decide on an OC I don't know how we wouldn't be able to convince someone to come and play with that.

i'm talking about someone else. anybody else. this has to be a good opportunity for someone wanting a chance to play early with an up and coming team.

Hard to find anyone of quality now. Need to set our sights on next year.

Hard to find anyone of quality now. Need to set our sights on next year.

of course there is. everybody is open. signing day isn't for 3 weeks. get someone to flip, happens all the time.

Disagree - without a coordinator you'd be an idiot to choose a school. who knows what type of offense they'll run, how successful it'll be and how well they'll put together an o line. If you've got nfl aspirations you need to put up numbers and you need to win. If you're just some jackass kid who just wants to get on the field, then maybe.

Ps last time I checked Asantii Woolward, a talented dual threat was still open if we get a coordinator

How does #17 in the white look to you?

He had offers from Cincy, Air Force, BC, E Ill, Ohio, Toledo

#1 has some nice highlights has offers from Indiana & Ohio.

I wish Austin Wilson was here for the spring semester. Enrolling in the fall doesn't give him a lot of time. My gut feeling is that this kid is pretty good, but had fallen under the ZA shadow.

I think we'll be ok with Laub. If nothing else, he's a much better runner.

IMO if I was a qb who wanted to come in and compete for a starting job as a FR this would be a very attractive offense to me. We are loaded at RB (Smith, PTG, AAM, Morris), you have play making WR with Funderburke/West, solid TE with Wales/Thompson, and the most under rated group the O-Line. Mackey/Hickey/Trudo/Foy/Knapp/Miller etc. Not to mention good depth across the board...except qb. Now if HCSS can decide on an OC I don't know how we wouldn't be able to convince someone to come and play with that.
Have to think if Shafer picks an OC who is already coaching in college (at whatever level) that guy may have a recruit or 2 in his back pocket who may be interested in coming here. I'm thinking of qb's like the 2 in the post above, who are undecided and have good offers

I wish Austin Wilson was here for the spring semester. Enrolling in the fall doesn't give him a lot of time. My gut feeling is that this kid is pretty good, but had fallen under the ZA shadow.

I think we'll be ok with Laub. If nothing else, he's a much better runner.

Yeah that's the thing that bugs me, ZA was able to be here for the spring and Wilson isn't...I know he tried and I wish the PA board let him.

How does #17 in the white look to you?

He had offers from Cincy, Air Force, BC, E Ill, Ohio, Toledo

#1 has some nice highlights has offers from Indiana & Ohio.

No offers from Akron?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom