On Cuse Radar / Aquille Carr video | Syracusefan.com

On Cuse Radar / Aquille Carr video

Not feeling a kid that's 5'7'' that loves to drive to the hoop. That won't fly against the big bodies in the Big East... oh wait.

Honestly though, wish he had more shooting highlights because as much as I love his ball handling, gonna be real tough for him to score on college centers on layups all the time...

Not feeling a kid that's 5'7'' that loves to drive to the hoop. That won't fly against the big bodies in the Big East... oh wait.

Honestly though, wish he had more shooting highlights because as much as I love his ball handling, gonna be real tough for him to score on college centers on layups all the time...

He still has some time to grow, so we'll have to wait and see. Sometimes, it's all about discovering talent early and building the relationships before the kid blows up.

His crossover and change of speed was rediculuos and will certainly transfer. I would have liked to see a better display of his passing but even going to the hop he seems to have a great feel as to when to release to get his shot off.

First impression was a shorter less athletic Jonny. No real feel for his floor game involving other players or his jumper.

His crossover and change of speed was rediculuos and will certainly transfer. I would have liked to see a better display of his passing but even going to the hop he seems to have a great feel as to when to release to get his shot off.

First impression was a shorter less athletic Jonny. No real feel for his floor game involving other players or his jumper.

The guy is a winner. Down the stretch he wins games. His highlights already show he is more of a gunner then Flynn was in Highschool. I just worry about the zone getting torched if he isn't extending and he doesn't have the forward and center to back him up on his side.

Quoting what Scout has said of him "He can Really shoot it from deep" "He is actually a really talented passer though he prefers to score"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxraTNR6bTk

this was the kid who had a rumored deal overseas already..nothing has come from it lately so it was pretty much confirmed to be a hoax.

he might have a better crossover than iverson, knows how to break down a player and create space with seemingly ease.plays full speed and turbo. 5 ' 7'' who cares even if he stays that way he has unique skills , ask dustin pedroia about 5 ' 7''
Height in baseball means nothing, there. Basketball on the other hand is a big issue unless you're mugsy bogues. I'd rather go after Kuran Iverson in 2013.

The guy is a winner. Down the stretch he wins games. His highlights already show he is more of a gunner then Flynn was in Highschool. I just worry about the zone getting torched if he isn't extending and he doesn't have the forward and center to back him up on his side.

Quoting what Scout has said of him "He can Really shoot it from deep" "He is actually a really talented passer though he prefers to score"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxraTNR6bTk

Thanks for the info. Wasn't doubting this kid just saying I got no sense of his ability to pass, run a team and shoot from deep from that highlight video.
I am hesitant to go with a 5'7" guard if we are going to continue to run the 2-3 which we are.

this was the kid who had a rumored deal overseas already..nothing has come from it lately so it was pretty much confirmed to be a hoax.
LOL. That's not true at all. Kid is a big time self-promoter. The Italian League club was contacted and asked to confirm the rumor and they said "We wouldnt sign him even IF HE PAID US." Ouch. Dont believe everything you read on the internet.

I would be SHOCKED to see this kid in Orange.

And I am admittedly not a well-informed recruitnick my heart, but just don't see it.

In regards to the zone, he could be ok. If he uses his quickness on defense like he does on offense he could be good. What he would give up on people shooting over him, he could make up with on the ball harrassment. If he's good at keeping guys in front of him, he could be good at preventing them from splitting the top of the zone with dribble penetration. If he anticipates well, he could jump in passing lanes and get some steals. Now, I don't know if he is actually good at any of this, but I don't want to write him off just because he's short.

In regards to the zone, he could be ok. If he uses his quickness on defense like he does on offense he could be good. What he would give up on people shooting over him, he could make up with on the ball harrassment. If he's good at keeping guys in front of him, he could be good at preventing them from splitting the top of the zone with dribble penetration. If he anticipates well, he could jump in passing lanes and get some steals. Now, I don't know if he is actually good at any of this, but I don't want to write him off just because he's short.

judging by his steal numbers, I would say he is pretty good

Height in baseball means nothing, there. Basketball on the other hand is a big issue unless you're mugsy bogues. I'd rather go after Kuran Iverson in 2013.
you say kuran iverson as if he would be a "like" player in a "like" position. Kuran Iverson is a 6'8'' small forward.

you say kuran iverson as if he would be a "like" player in a "like" position. Kuran Iverson is a 6'8'' small forward.
On our limited scholarships, I'd rather give a spot to Kuran Iverson than Aquille Carr.

On our limited scholarships, I'd rather give a spot to Kuran Iverson than Aquille Carr.
fair nuff... i think we have 3 spots for '13. and thats if we fill the 3 for '12... which I doubt we do. So we could probably take both.

Of the prospects we have interest in for 2013, I'd prefer
Nerlens Noel
Kuran Iverson
BeeJay Anya
Goodluck Okonoboh
Tyler Roberson
Ishmail Wainwright
over Carr. Just because we have a lot of very good guards right now. I just don't like that size on the top of the zone.

Of the prospects we have interest in for 2013, I'd prefer
Nerlens Noel
Kuran Iverson
BeeJay Anya
Goodluck Okonoboh
Tyler Roberson
Ishmail Wainwright
over Carr. Just because we have a lot of very good guards right now. I just don't like that size on the top of the zone.
i hear ya... but the kids got real talent to bad hes vertically challenged

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom