On the 4th down in OT, what has this team done this year | Syracusefan.com

On the 4th down in OT, what has this team done this year

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
on short yardage situations that made anyone feel that we could get the 1 yard that we needed. For that reason, I liked the kick. That said, I would have liked them to call 2 plays on 3rd down, with the 4th down play being a hurry up qb sneak which would have not let the D get set up a that in my mind is the only way we get the first and hopefully the TD.

Our O line is not built for short yardage and this is fact, you cant get blood out of a rock

Too bad we haven't worked AAM into the rotation. 4th and inches is exactly the type of situation a 245 lb battering ram would be perfect.

That said, you have to make the call to get the first down. It might not be the "correct football" play, but given all the circumstances that we're in... Let your nuts hang Doug. I'll probably get hissed at for saying it, but that was a gutless call.

when the oline can start to be trusted on 4th and less than 2 is when you will know we have turned the corner.. until then its all being done with mirrors.. we have turned half the team around in less than 2 years. if it was that easy to turn teams around it wouldnt have taken teams like NW 30 years to compete in the b10.

There was a measurement after third down. How would you "hurry up" fourth down a third down measurement is taken?

on short yardage situations that made anyone feel that we could get the 1 yard that we needed. For that reason, I liked the kick. That said, I would have liked them to call 2 plays on 3rd down, with the 4th down play being a hurry up qb sneak which would have not let the D get set up a that in my mind is the only way we get the first and hopefully the TD.

Our O line is not built for short yardage and this is fact, you cant get blood out of a rock

So you are now admitting that our OL isn't much of anything and that Macky is a mistake? Not built for short yardage? What the heck is that? The most basic of plays is the ability to gain short yardage.

it wasn't a yard it was inches. Since we have never run a QB sneak, we cannot tell if we can execute it. If we are not good at it in practice couldn't we have shifted to a QB sneak on the FG. In that case RU isn't prepared for the sneak and won't have a guy over the C. All Loeb would have to do is fall forward. Worst case RU takes a TO and they are less likely to go for a blocked FG afterwards, making the FG easier.

It's less than a yard. If the message is that we can't get that, then I don't really know what to say other than it's time for everyone to revise their predictions.

It's always something. This year we can't do QB sneaks because of the center. Last year we couldn't run shotgun because of the center. These are the simple things, basics, that every team in college football can do. But not us.

So you are now admitting that our OL isn't much of anything and that Macky is a mistake? Not built for short yardage? What the heck is that? The most basic of plays is the ability to gain short yardage.

I admit that Macky is a liability, yes

Another call would be to go for the kick...but try to get them offsides first...then take the 5 yd penalty for delay of game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom