On the bright side... | Syracusefan.com

On the bright side...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
ESPN Gameday crew said that the FSU upset over Duke is more shocking than SU losing in South Bend.

So we got that going for us.

Well, Duke was full strength, at home, with 45 straight home wins so that makes sense.

also on the bright side, Southerland showed up in a tough Big East road game with the team under huge pressure, so hopefully the posters who repeatedly knock him at every chance for not being able to perform in big situations can give that a rest.

Also, it's a loss in January not March. The sun will still come up tomorrow...and we still have a lot of games to regroup even if it's without Fab.

also on the bright side, Southerland showed up in a tough Big East road game with the team under huge pressure, so hopefully the posters who repeatedly knock him at every chance for not being able to perform in big situations can give that a rest.

I know. He only fouled out with how many minutes to go?

He fouled out with 46 seconds left.

Exactly. ;) J/K

I wouldn't say he exactly showed up by going 3-7 from 3 and grabbing two rebounds. Hell, Christmas grabbed twice that many rebounds in half the minutes.

>>I wouldn't say he exactly showed up by going 3-7 from 3 >>

you're right, 43% from 3 sucks
leading the team in scoring sucks
15 points in 25 mins in a BE road game sucks

I bow to your hoops knowlegde

Much rather lose in ND than at home. It's time to make a long home win streak.

>>I wouldn't say he exactly showed up by going 3-7 from 3 >>

you're right, 43% from 3 sucks
leading the team in scoring sucks
15 points in 25 mins in a BE road game sucks

I bow to your hoops knowlegde

I'd say he played adequate. As for showing up? 2 Rebounds...Really? He wouldn't have been leading scorer if Dion wasn't 4-14 or Joseph 4-12. Hell, I love Dirty, but I expect that from him on any given night. I'd say he showed up more against Villinova: 13 pts, 4 reb, 2 blks and 2 pf.

When he shows up in a 9 point win, does it really matter? What if he goes 0-3 from 3 against Cincy and gets pulled when were down by 10. Let's see Dirty when the lead is 5 (either way) and the pressure is on. If can hit the 3's when it's a close game (not relatively close, but close) then I'll give him a little more credit where credit is due.

I was afraid of going, say 36-1 with the '1' being in the Sweet 16 again. Now it's just another year where we do the best we can and just see how far we can go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom