Once again-- Can't wait to watch bulked-up Jesse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Once again-- Can't wait to watch bulked-up Jesse

he was also playing against midgets .. just like people shouldn’t trash him for 1 play vs Clemson , trying to take anything from garbage time against midget second teams is equally short sighted

Yeah, with the young players, you get them minutes, and let them progress. There will be ups and down - but those are the growing pains. If we just forced him into 20 next game, he would likely not fare so well. Nevertheless, you get them some run when you can.

We aren't good enough to not be giving guys a few developmental minutes. Especially at this point of the season.
Yeah, this is where I'm at.

Jesse showed stuff last night that Bourama as a junior at's played a lot still struggles with.
Specifically, Jesse effectively defended several drives to the basket by raising his arms and NOT fouling.
Yes, against 2nd string but still liking what Jesse does and apparent good learning curve.
Bourama's play and ongoing foul troubles open the door to more PT for Jesse, IMHO.

Just watching Jesse move on the floor gives me hope that his upside is going to be high. At certain moments, he is almost graceful.
Agree, "graceful":) may be best description-
Jesse just has a "look" on the floor that tells me he can develop into a special player.
Compared to earlier this season and with minimal PT, already appears more comfortable/good development.
Yes, long way to go but very optimistic, and steeper learning curve than Bourama so let's get Jesse more PT.

We aren't good enough to not be giving guys a few developmental minutes. Especially at this point of the season.
If we don't land a grad transfer center, our only other chance at a decent 2020-21 season is if Edwards or JBA develops - so why not give Edwards some developmental minutes per game going forward? BS isn't giving us much, and at this point, we're not going to the NCAAs unless we win the ACC Tournament. What do we have to lose?

Jesse is not ready. He has some great offensive moves and he seems to catch the ball well in traffic. Good hands. He needs to bulk up. Obviously not happy with the game tonight, but I'm really happy that he got more extended minutes tonight, even against Louisville's bench.

Sidibe isn’t ready either.

Jesses arms just look so much longer than everyone else’s . Even in the wake game when he was playing meaningful minutes they looked longer than anyone on either team

(edited)
I agree - we are not good enough to NOT be giving guys a few developmental minutes.
At least in the first halves of games.

Which would then protect other guys (CDB, Marek, Q) from picking up early fouls, which then limits them late in game winning time, when they're playing with 4 or on the bench w/ 5 fouls.

Protect our starters by giving the bench some minutes.

Why wait til CDB fouls out and Marek has 4 before getting Jesse in?

When Buddy or JGIII struggles, why not give them a little pine time next to Boeheim, and let HoWash or Brycen get a little run?
Our D certainly doesn't suffer with them in.

Last edited:
I disagree - we are not good enough to NOT be giving guys a few developmental minutes.
At least in the first halves of games.

Which would then protect other guys (CDB, Marek, Q) from picking up early fouls, which then limits them late in game winning time, when they're playing with 4 or on the bench w/ 5 fouls.

Protect our starters by giving the bench some minutes.

Why wait til CDB fouls out and Marek has 4 before getting Jesse in?

When Buddy or JGIII struggles, why not give them a little pine time next to Boeheim, and let HoWash or Brycen get a little run?
Our D certainly doesn't suffer with them in.
Think you guys agree, as do I?

i guess my response to this would be ... would he be worse than the stiffs we are playing there now ?
I totally agree with giving him a try. I would not call Dolezaj and Sidibe stiffs but I understand where you are coming from. We are just out gunned on the front line. I know Edwards is not ready but he is not going to get ready sitting on the bench. We have proved a few times this year we can not keep our two big guys on the floor past the 10 minute mark in the second half. Why not use Edwards earlier so we can put him in, get him out with some coaching and use our starters before they pick up their 5th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom