One day in Bloomington | Syracusefan.com

One day in Bloomington

swish7

All Conference
Was in Bloomington, IN yesterday at a greasy spoon called Fat Dan's. The food was great, but I remain pretty disappointed in their decorating.

Otherwise, what a great campus they have there...

I even visited a few filming locations for the classic 'Breaking Away'..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230626-155826_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230626-155826_Gallery.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 49
did you try the Bloomingonionton? hoosieriffic.
and if bobby knight has a special brick somewhere on campus i'd love to piss on it.

did you try the Bloomingonionton? hoosieriffic.
and if bobby knight has a special brick somewhere on campus i'd love to piss on it.
Ho ho ho. I did not! Next time. Gorgeous campus.

Can anyone familiar with the area explain the homelessness situation?

I went to the filming location of the used car dealership scenes from Breaking Away, 1010 S Walnut St I believe, and on the way passed by large homeless encampment, just outside of the main part of town. A clearly stressed looking individual was carrying an unsheathed samurai sword, walked right by my car as I was slowed by traffic.

Also saw a large amount of homeless in Morgantown, WV, which we also visited on this trip.

I quick-Googled it, and the problems in Bloomington are related to the Opiod crisis,

Why are there so many homeless in Bloomington Indiana?
The ongoing housing affordability crisis, opioid crisis, and general economic crisis for the working class exacerbated by a pandemic and inflation, along with other factors such as the hidden wounds of military service, continued in Bloomington, as many local Bloomington area residents found themselves without housing.
Dec 31, 2022

Last edited:
the final racing scene filming is done so well. i wonder how many takes they did to make it look so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom