one more chance for Wes Johnson? | Syracusefan.com

one more chance for Wes Johnson?

moqui

generational talent
from Nick Borges at ESPN Rumor Central:

The Phoenix Suns were hoping Wesley Johnson could show them the skills that made him a top draft pick, however for most of the season he has been on the bench.
Johnson played on Saturday for the first time since Nov. 28 and Suns head coach Alvin Gentry plans on giving more minutes.
"We're going to try to find a way to get him more court time, because I think he's one guy that can probably help us offensively, especially with his shooting," Gentry tells The Arizona Republic.
Johnson, who can play at shooting guard or small forward, has been near the end of the depth chart and giving him time means Michael Beasley or P.J. Tucker will see their minutes reduced.
The Suns did not pick up their 2013-14 team option in October and Johnson is set to become an unrestricted free agent in July. One motivation for playing Johnson is to showcase him for a possible trade as he will likely not be with the Suns next season.

Come on Wes kick some butt and show your potential like when you were here!

The thing I couldn't understand was Wes did pretty well in the preseason averaging 14 pts per game the first 4 playing about 24 min per game. Then the next 2 games he played only 12 minutes and went 0-3 in both. After that he had averaged about 5-6 minutes in a handful of games. I'm not a fan of gentry. And his coaching style.

He was doing very well in the preseason then he had a bad game (where he threw the ball is the stands by accident) and played poorly after that like he lost his confidence. His problems are between his ears!

Its like Wes has been typecast as a 3pt shooter, and that's it.
The guy is not a Steve Novak-like player, yet he hasn't developed enough of a handle to warrant more PT.
I'm always baffled why some players seem incapable of conquering obvious deficiencies in their games. :noidea:

Its like Wes has been typecast as a 3pt shooter, and that's it.
The guy is not a Steve Novak-like player, yet he hasn't developed enough of a handle to warrant more PT.
I'm always baffled why some players seem incapable of conquering obvious deficiencies in their games. :noidea:

But that is not really it. No one is asking him to be an iso player but he won't even head fake and drive pass a guy when the defender is closing out on him. He has the handle to do that and when he does it is effective, but if he turns it over he won't drive again, which is crazy everybody turns the ball over from time to time. He going into a shell after a bad play like no one I have ever seen.

"Yeah, we want to play him more and maybe deal him...because no way in hell will he be here next season..."

"Yeah, we want to play him more and maybe deal him...because no way in hell will he be here next season..."

Honest question--do you ever have anything ing positive to say about any of our players, former players, team, or program?

Honest question--do you ever have anything ******* positive to say about any of our players, former players, team, or program?

You hard of reading RF? Did Melo play here or are my peepers going bad? Relax..life is fun...being a fan is fun. I never understood the need for call outs. We don't all see every player the same way.

You hard of reading RF? Did Melo play here or are my peepers going bad? Relax..life is fun...being a fan is fun. I never understood the need for call outs. We don't all see every player the same way.

Apparently, you're the one hard of reading--I asked if you ever have anything POSITIVE to say about anything related to SU. Because it doesn't seem that way.

Not calling you out, just making an observation.