Pyle

All Conference
Part of the MegaTicket......

Lakeview Amphitheater 2016 concert schedule
  • June 24: Rascal Flatts
  • July 15: Jason Aldean
  • Aug. 6: Dierks Bentley
  • Aug. 25: Keith Urban
  • Sept. 2: "Surprise superstar" country act (Florida Georgia Line?)

Why can't the university get a hold of these state fair/live nation/ampitheater/whatever jackwagons and not have them schedule some massive superstar country act on the first night of the Dino Babers era? Are you kidding me right now?

Actually that may work if the game is played earlier than the concert. If it's the same time then no good. We may get more people coming to the game as more people will be in town.

Actually that may work if the game is played earlier than the concert. If it's the same time then no good. We may get more people coming to the game as more people will be in town.

Sept 2 is a Friday.

Your potential kickoff times:
7:00 pm
7:30 pm
8:00 pm

I loathe country music to until I went and saw zac brown and what’s his name, shiny teeth guy, and holy ship the amount of scantily clad hot women everywhere was astonishing. Swarms of them. Sold.

Zac Brown Band by the way was pretty impressive. He gets lumped in with country but he’s not really. Maybe more in the vein of southern rock but very eclectic though. Wide range of music and styles. Any band with 8 or 9 members playing multiple instruments is ok by me.

I loathe country music to until I went and saw zac brown and what’s his name, shiny teeth guy, and holy ship the amount of scantily clad hot women everywhere was astonishing. Swarms of them. Sold.

Zac Brown Band by the way was pretty impressive. He gets lumped in with country but he’s not really. Maybe more in the vein of southern rock but very eclectic though. Wide range of music and styles. Any band with 8 or 9 members playing multiple instruments is ok by me.

Right. Zac Brown Band isn't really country like you say and they are decent. A group like The Punch Brothers are freaking amazing and not country as well. Sort of experimental bluegrass/folk with lots of jazz roots. Modern country isn't music. It's garbage.

If SU football can't compete with other entertainment options that is on SU to make their event more appealing. Would SU show a similar concern if the roles were reversed?

im not sure Florida Georgia Line qualifies as a super star, but it shows you how little talent can win some of these awards these days

honestly i wasnt expecting more than 30k butts in seats for colgate anyways. i dont think it even matters to the casual fan if we had dug up bear bryant and put him on the sidelines or have a brand new coach. sadly thats just the reality we live in

cuseclappy said:
honestly i wasnt expecting more than 30k butts in seats for colgate anyways. i dont think it even matters to the casual fan if we had dug up bear bryant and put him on the sidelines or have a brand new coach. sadly thats just the reality we live in

Exactly. Will be fun for the die hards. Give it a year or two and we'll be selling more tickets to everyone. W's sell.

Part of the MegaTicket...

Lakeview Amphitheater 2016 concert schedule
  • June 24: Rascal Flatts
  • July 15: Jason Aldean
  • Aug. 6: Dierks Bentley
  • Aug. 25: Keith Urban
  • Sept. 2: "Surprise superstar" country act (Florida Georgia Line?)

Why can't the university get a hold of these state fair/live nation/ampitheater/whatever jackwagons and not have them schedule some massive superstar country act on the first night of the Dino Babers era? Are you kidding me right now?

Florida/Georgia line is a "superstar act", who the hell knew that? Id rather sit through one of the Robinson era home schedules then listen to that crap for 3 hours.

Also while were ranting here, when did Syracuse suddenly become Sugarland, Texas. 5 concerts for next year at the Amphitheater and there a country acts. Terrible job.

Florida/Georgia line is a "superstar act", who the hell knew that? Id rather sit through one of the Robinson era home schedules then listen to that crap for 3 hours.

Also while were ranting here, when did Syracuse suddenly become Sugarland, Texas. 5 concerts for next year at the Amphitheater and there a country acts. Terrible job.

Ringo Starr (June 3)
Dave Matthews (June 22)
Journey & The Doobie Brothers (July 13)

They're not all country acts.

Also while were ranting here, when did Syracuse suddenly become Sugarland, Texas. 5 concerts for next year at the Amphitheater and there a pop country acts. Terrible job.
None of that's country music. It's all carefully cultivated pop music acts designed to separate dollars from people with no attention span.

The fact is there are a lot more people living in CNY who care about country music than there are people who care about SU Football.
10 times more.

Florida Georgia Line played in front of 34,000 people at Chevy Court in a steady rain.

Zac Brown is outstanding. Hell they cover everything from Billy Joel to Metallica! Wife has been a country music fan for a long time and I hated it, but what passes for country today is really more like the pop music I grew up with instead of all that old time twangy s&^#t. Actually took her to the CMA Music Fest in Nashville a few years back and had a great time. If you tolerate country due the the "amount of scantily clad hot women" it's worth the trip!

I am a fan of classic country and bluegrass, but I don't enjoy much modern country. My wife has dragged me to about ten Keith Urban shows over the years. I enjoy watching him play guitar and I appreciate that he doesn't sing with that forced twang that all the other country-meatheads use. His pop songs are no worse than any of the other trite, sentimental crap that dominates popular music.

I find Zac Brown to be unnecessary. Jimmy Buffett perfected that act 40 years ago.

First game under a new coach--I'd expect more buzz / attendance.