One of our biggest problems on defense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One of our biggest problems on defense

U are correct. Let’s hope things change today. If not we should be looking for new DC.

Utter nonsense. If we can’t stop Clemson we’re in the same boat as roughly 129 other teams. If it just took good coaching more teams would be beating them.

He should be judged by the season, and most importantly Dino at the end of it.

Utter nonsense. If we can’t stop Clemson we’re in the same boat as roughly 129 other teams. If it just took good coaching more teams would be beating them.

He should be judged by the season, and most importantly Dino at the end of it.
Ward doesn’t adjust all too often even when we arent doing well. U can’t tell me u have not seen this to be true. He has a conservative side to him. Don’t try to not lose. Try to win and if u lose so be it. I’m over last weekend but he has to show he can make game changes or I think we need to look elsewhere. I see what your saying about a few games and if this stays the same defensively make the move at end of year. If he improves calling games then ok. That defense has some talent. Put them in the right spots to make plays and play aggressively with front and back half. Today I hope u are right and we play tough and u will get me to shut up for a bit lol

Our defensive backs and slot defenders give a cushion even on 3rd and short.
To get stops on 3rd down we need to be playing more closely and press coverage.
Jam WRs get them off their pass routes.
Josh Jackson was throwing to wide open receivers the entire game. I get the DL could have put more pressure but we got to stop with the soft coverage.
Now against Clemson I get giving a cushion since it’s NFL QB and NFL skill position talent.
College QBs aren’t accurate like pro coaches make these guys throw into smaller windows.

That was a major problem from last week.
I believe Dino will get the offense clicking.

Liberty's WRs were open as well - their QB hit on a few throws, but became skittish after the first couple of sacks.

This thread is funny. We had a very good defense last year. Nobody complained about it at all. We lose our best DT and all 3 LBs then have our best returning DT hurt and yet we pitched a shut out game 1. We get boat raced last week and now all of a sudden the D coordinator isn’t any good and we're going to use a game against the best team in the country as the litmus test. Beautiful.

watching the replays the LBs were in bad run FIT. but the Safety play was as bad or worse.. 2 of the passing TDs were in simple pass coverage mistakes.

It’s like 2-3 zone haters - they are quiet when it works but the moment it doesn’t it’s back to full throated “it never works”

DC’s can be good and have bad games, ganeplans etc. Venables didn’t have a great game when we beat them at the Dome last time and by all accounts is one of the best in CFB.