One of our own needs some help | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One of our own needs some help

Done

Assuming she can get back on her feet by the fall, maybe we can invite her out to the SyraCruz tailgate. What say you, Consigliere ?
Absolutely!! Based on the feedback here I was going to go in and submit a donation out of our 50-50 fund to push her over her gofundme goal, but when I logged on I see this group has already pushed her well past that.

Messaged her this morning and confirmed that even though she is in Rochester now she is more than open to opportunities in Syracuse and throughout CNY. As llandz noted, this is an extremely accomplished and passionate young woman with a broad background. She was working for a firm in Dallas that partners with high profile current and former athletes (did a project with Doug Flutie and his publicist) and has much to offer in the legal, PR and communications fields. If you know of anything that might be a fit and need help making contact, please reach out to me or llandz

Last edited:
Absolutely!! Based on the feedback here I was going to go in and submit a donation out of our 50-50 fund to push her over her gofundme goal, but when I logged on I see this group has already pushed her well past that.

Messaged her this morning and confirmed that even though she is in Rochester now she is more than open to opportunities in Syracuse and throughout CNY. As llandz noted, this is an extremely accomplished and passionate young woman with a broad background. She was working for a firm in Dallas that partners with high profile current and former athletes (did a project with Doug Flutie and his publicist) and has much to offer in the legal, PR and communications fields. If you know of anything that might be a fit and need help making contact, please reach out to me or llandz
I know that she has a J.D., so working as a paralegal may be a step down for her, but corporate/real estate paralegals in WNY are in high demand. I can’t imagine that CNY is much different in that regard.

I know that she has a J.D., so working as a paralegal may be a step down for her, but corporate/real estate paralegals in WNY are in high demand. I can’t imagine that CNY is much different in that regard.
She is very willing to work as a paralegal. In Texas she was often told they did not want a JD as she would eventually leave. I am hoping CNY is more "friendly" that way. But overqualification is always hard in the job market. She would love that opportunity.

Good morning everybody,

I'm so overwhelmed with gratitude that I'm not even sure how to articulate it here. If you know me at all, whether in real life or through social media, you know that me being at a "loss for words" is about as likely as me saying "gee, that Georgetown basketball team is pretty good." This past year has been more chaotic and challenging than I was prepared for, to the point that I didn't know if I would even make it to see my 35th birthday last week. If it weren't for my extended Cuse family here/on social media, I'm not so sure that I would have.

I will reaching out to everybody individually via the GoFundMe, but I had to make sure I stopped by the message board first! Like Linda said, I'm currently in Rochester with my oldest nephew to help him finish high school this year while I get back on my feet. My email is lornarose.jd@gmail.com - please feel free to reach out if you have any job leads, or really for anything at all :)

From the bottom of my Orange heart, thank you all so much for the help and support. Love you all and never forget, even in the worst of times: Georgetown still sucks.

Good morning everybody,

I'm so overwhelmed with gratitude that I'm not even sure how to articulate it here. If you know me at all, whether in real life or through social media, you know that me being at a "loss for words" is about as likely as me saying "gee, that Georgetown basketball team is pretty good." This past year has been more chaotic and challenging than I was prepared for, to the point that I didn't know if I would even make it to see my 35th birthday last week. If it weren't for my extended Cuse family here/on social media, I'm not so sure that I would have.

I will reaching out to everybody individually via the GoFundMe, but I had to make sure I stopped by the message board first! Like Linda said, I'm currently in Rochester with my oldest nephew to help him finish high school this year while I get back on my feet. My email is lornarose.jd@gmail.com - please feel free to reach out if you have any job leads, or really for anything at all :)

From the bottom of my Orange heart, thank you all so much for the help and support. Love you all and never forget, even in the worst of times: Georgetown still sucks.

[reposting this message as a reply to llandz OP]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom