One of two scenarios laid out | Syracusefan.com

One of two scenarios laid out

20Plus

It's either Jim and his exit plan has not changed but they didn't want Hopkins.

Or Jim's exit plan changed and Hopkins wasn't waiting on more.

Which one?

Which one?

The second. Absolutely the second one.

The latter, at least from my opinion not having any inside knowledge.

Which one?
I think it is a little more complex than that. Hop wasn't the A.D.'s choice and he knew it. there could be some rough years ahead if and Hop didn't believe that the A.D. would have his back. He wasn't Wildhacks guy. And Hop probably got tired of hearing Jb hedge on his exit day. A great school offers big $$ and 6 years. A school that waited for 6 years to hire a guy that didn't get to the NCAA tournament. sounds good to me.

I'll go with the 1st/a little different.

Hopkins wants his own legacy separate from Syracuse and Boeheim. Washington is a, almost, miraculous opportunity and it's time he stop passing opportunities up.

You know it doesn't have to be that black and white. It's really a no lose scenario for him.

With a 6 year contract, probably in the neighborhood of 15 million. He 's either successful and builds his own legacy or he's set for life and can go back to being an assistant.

It certainly doesn't hurt that Seattle is one of the coolest cities in America either.

I think it is a little more complex than that. Hop wasn't the A.D.'s choice and he knew it. there could be some rough years ahead if and Hop didn't believe that the A.D. would have his back. He wasn't Wildhacks guy. And Hop probably got tired of hearing Jb hedge on his exit day. A great school offers big $$ and 6 years. A school that waited for 6 years to hire a guy that didn't get to the NCAA tournament. sounds good to me.
I was even thinking maybe Hop laid it on the line and said "give me a timeline or I'm gone". They didnt, he had to leave. I don't think this is a good thing in any scenario.

I think you all are reading too much into it. Recall a few years ago, Hopkins wanted the USC job but they chose Enfield instead. I don't think anything significant happened internally other than a good opportunity was presented to Hop and he's taking it.

I think you all are reading too much into it. Recall a few years ago, Hopkins wanted the USC job but they chose Enfield instead. I don't think anything significant happened internally other than a good opportunity was presented to Hop and he's taking it.

LOL ... we all are reading too much into it? You just said the exact same thing I did in different words.

When will Wildhack pull the plug on Boeheim? He's not going to let him stay however long he wants to, lol.

When will Wildhack pull the plug on Boeheim? He's not going to let him stay however long he wants to, lol.
Wildhack ain't running the Melo Center. If JAB is coaching beyond this coming season, Wildhack got told what was going to happen.

I may be wrong, without looking it up, but after Enfield took the USC job, Hop got the "ironclad" contract to be the HCIW, right?

I actually think the former, with a new AD. Which will necessitate JB staying around for at least one more season.

The chancelor has the final say. He and only he will determine if JB is allowed to stay past next year. Knowing the chancellor, I think JB will be done now or definitely by the end of next year. JB was lucky he wasn't given the boot once the sanctions were handed down. He gave him a break to stay three more years.

The chancelor has the final say. He and only he will determine if JB is allowed to stay past next year. Knowing the chancellor, I think JB will be done now or definitely by the end of next year. JB was lucky he wasn't given the boot once the sanctions were handed down. He gave him a break to stay three more years.

I dunno, firing a legend? The chancellor can do that but i dont think its so simple. Lots of other things factor in.

The second. Absolutely the second one.

I totally agree. Jimmy can coach at least four more years. Then Mike can come back with the experience of being a head coach. Good for all three parties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom