One thing HCJB is spot on in his presser | Syracusefan.com

One thing HCJB is spot on in his presser

chakka3421

All Conference
Players have to make their open shots & free throws and not just TC. Just like in football or any sport, players have to make plays. Coaches can sub, call plays, etc, but the only group really responsible for putting the ball in the basket in the game of basketball is the players.

While I don't particularly like HCJB's presser & demeanor when dealing with the public, it is still is on the players to perform. Nuff said.

Players have to make their open shots & free throws and not just TC. Just like in football or any sport, players have to make plays. Coaches can sub, call plays, etc, but the only group really responsible for putting the ball in the basket in the game of basketball is the players.

While I don't particularly like HCJB's presser & demeanor when dealing with the public, it is still is on the players to perform. Nuff said.

Trevor Cooney didn't miss two of RAKS FTs, or 4 of Tyler Ennis' FTs or a couple of CJ's...nuff said...

There is no I in Team!!!! We win as a team and we lose as a team...

Trevor Cooney didn't miss two of RAKS FTs, or 4 of Tyler Ennis' FTs or a couple of CJ's...nuff said...

There is no I in Team!!!! We win as a team and we lose as a team...

Cooney is our only credible outside threat.

He has been MIA since Notre Dame and so has the offense.

There are several areas of improvement no doubt. Not shooting the ball well from your shooting guard is a major headline behind 1-4 in the last 5.

There are several areas of improvement no doubt. Not shooting the ball well from your shooting guard is a major headline behind 1-4 in the last 5.

I'm not questioning that TC hasn't shot welll but I totally disagree that the slump is all on him. I don't buy it.

I'm not questioning that TC hasn't shot welll but I totally disagree that the slump is all on him. I don't buy it.
You are right in that every game has been different. People can blame whomever they want but part of it is the defense also. Excluding the 91-89 Duke game, we've given up more points the last two games than in any game this season all the way back to Baylor in Maui.

Our offense was missing against Notre Dame too - Cooney just masked it. Cooney had 33 points on over 73% fg% , the rest of the team was 10-32 for 31%.

The slump should not be entirely on Shaky Potatoes... however, the entire offense is based on running him or Fair off screens... lately it's just get Fair the ball (cuz Cooney gets suffocated by the D) and hope something good happens, while everyone else stands around and watches. There is no other offense we run aside from this... sure, Roc gets a fleeting touch or two in the post, but the guards just dribble/pass around the key for 25 secs w/o purpose. When Ennis does drive the lane, it's almost guaranteed to be a shot (which is fine half the time), but there's rarely ever a dribble, drive n dish to a wing, or some actual set plays to free up guys for better open looks. Makes me wonder what they run in practice. 1-on-1 drills?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom