One thing I am not going to use todays game to assess | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One thing I am not going to use todays game to assess

And even though nobody on board can feel it, the waves do gently move the carrier back and forth on even the calmest of days. Like a pitched baseball that doesn't hit the mitt until the Earth has moved a bit, a jump shot on deck should likewise be expected to move in something other than a beeline (even though the target is what's moving).

I should mention, though, that since ships rock back and forth, the seemingly driven-off-course jump shot might actually correct itself once or twice during the flight of the ball.

Maybe we should instead worry how this phenomenon will affect Keita's mitts.

Nope...the frequency of the rolling action is very, very slow for a ship that size. That will have no effect.

I wonder what is better for James in a windy enviroment, his new formed lower arcing shot or his momentum high arcing fast release of last year. Cooney and Fair have a pretty high arc as well, while Triche and MCW have a lower one.

I imagine the higher the ball the more strength it will have to not be pushed off course, but the lower will have a lighter touch and not as far to get pushed off course.

Lower would be better from a wind effect standpoint. The longer its in the air, the longer wind can act on it.

Unless its windy being outside has no factor, youre putting to much emphasis on that.

Still think this is no different?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom