Only gripe from yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Only gripe from yesterday

realorange

Living Legend
I don't usually have any problems with the game flow. Mistakes happen. But after one of Dion's shots he flashes the dynasty sign. I didn't see it in real time, but CBS did a replay and there it was. Somebody please tell him about the stomach acid created when the original dynasty boys did their thing. Don't let it come back. :bang:

This team deserves it more than the previous one did, even though people might not like flashing the sign. Dion looked like he had his old swagger back. Love him or hate him, we need him to progress far in the NCAAs...and he needs his swagger.

Dion has my blessing to go Devo-style swag this postseason. The more swagged out, the better.

How about a compromise? Dion can start flashing a Dynasty sign when he stops holding the ball on three-on-one breaks and missing right-handed layups from the left side of the rim.

I like his swagger too, but he needs to be careful. In last week's UConn game, after his big dunk in the first half, he made some type of similar gesture. There was a timeout called then. A ref followed Dion over to the SU Bench, and said something to both Dion and JB, what looked like to be something like "something to the effect of "don't do that again." They both replied "yep...got it".

In the NCAAs, you get refs from all over the place with a different take on things like that, depending on how many games at that level they called during the year, and might call a T where a Big East ref wouldn't. Robert's backboard-slap against Vermont comes to mind.

I like his swagger too, but he needs to be careful. In last week's UConn game, after his big dunk in the first half, he made some type of similar gesture. There was a timeout called then. A ref followed Dion over to the SU Bench, and said something to both Dion and JB, what looked like to be something like "something to the effect of "don't do that again." They both replied "yep...got it".

In the NCAAs, you get refs from all over the place with a different take on things like that, depending on how many games at that level they called during the year, and might call a T where a Big East ref wouldn't. Robert's backboard-slap against Vermont comes to mind.
Are you trying to make my head explode one of the worst T's in the history of the game.

A bigger worry is the propensity this team has for blowing big leads. Up 19 with 7:30 left and end up winning by 9. Been doing it all year. Will it cost us eventually...could.