Only one more win for a Bowl. | Syracusefan.com

Only one more win for a Bowl.

JJReddawg

All Conference
And there is no way in hell we get it.

Nassib's can't complete a pass over 20 yards even if he has all day to throw and the receiver is wide open.
This loss more than erased the WVU game from last week. I'm starting to think that two or three WVU players ran off the field as soon as the balk was snapped.

Penalties will plague us the rest of the year.

I agree. No chance we win again this year. Lol...trolls are out.

Nassib's can't complete a pass over 20 yards even if he has all day to throw and the receiver is wide open.
This loss more than erased the WVU game from last week. I'm starting to think that two or three WVU players ran off the field as soon as the balk was snapped.

i'll take that bet. next week in fact.

I think we'll win the next 2. But my confidence in the 2 after that isn't as high as it was before this week. Was hoping we could get a good time slot against Cincy, but we may have locked ourselves into noon with today's showing. Hard to predict victory in any noon home game.

Yes, UConn is bad, but I think if this team shows up today we're in trouble. UConn has a couple extra days of prep. The players will probably be out for blood due to the whole ACC thingy. I'm sure P&D want this game bad...real bad.

I don't think we see Nassib play that poorly again this year.

At least, I hope not.

I say 2-2 to finish, which isn't great but something to build on going into next season.

We will probably NEVER win again. Ever.

Pete Thamel just tweeted that the ACC has withdrawn its offer and Syracuse is instead going to play in the NEC. Apparently the Patriot League no longer wants SU because of its falling US NEWS ranking.

Pete Thamel just tweeted that the ACC has withdrawn its offer and Syracuse is instead going to play in the NEC. Apparently the Patriot League no longer wants SU because of its falling US NEWS ranking.
Joe Schad just tweeted that Louisville is going to take our place.

I'll take that bet

Loser has to rock this avatar until the first hoops loss:

2840794121_8375db5edf.jpg

Who's in?

Pat forde just tweeted it as well. ACC invite withdrawn. ACC wants rutgers vs. Seton hall. Imagine the ratings

Oh slam, lmao, good one guys.
emot-thumbsup.gif
Maybe instead of this sportswriting thing you can go write for Two and a Half Men.

Pat forde just tweeted it as well. ACC invite withdrawn. ACC wants rutgers vs. Seton hall. Imagine the ratings
"There's no better rivalry in college basketball than the Shop-Rite® Rutgers-Seton Hall game."
-Dick Vitale

I don't think we see Nassib play that poorly again this year.

At least, I hope not.

I say 2-2 to finish, which isn't great but something to build on going into next season.

Agree with this. Listen, I was leading the "turn the corner" bandwagon and i was WAAAAAY wrong. That was horrendous football on both sides of the ball. But I certainly think we are still on pace for another 7 win season (at least)

Syracuse will win 6 or 7 games this season, & YES, they have turned a corner from one perspective. The program has the right leadership & tools to compete every year now. The only piece of the puzzle is now TALENT. Syracuse needs a few gamebreakers to compete for a BCS bid annually. We will probably not get a BCS bid this season, but another Bowl is most likely, & recruits will take notice of our recent success & securing of BCS status in the ACC... The future looks good for 'CUSE !!!

Agree with this. Listen, I was leading the "turn the corner" bandwagon and i was WAAAAAY wrong. That was horrendous football on both sides of the ball. But I certainly think we are still on pace for another 7 win season (at least)

IMO we only have 3 teams on our schedule worthy of a Top 40 ranking. Crazy thing is we are 2-1 in those games. Those other 9 games are against mediocre t best FB teams, but mostly bad FB teams. I am content this year with 6 Ws as it gets us to a Bowl. But I don't think anyone should be happy with 7 Ws when we play the teams we play.

Expectations can change after a season begins. Being bowl eligible will still be an accomplishment. I think soem expectations were raised but necessarily because of SU's success, more because of how poor the competition has turned out to be. WVU was the only good performance for this team all season. The rest they were just good enough to win. Well, the competition the rest of the year is no different. On paper UC appears to be the best but they are not a great team either. I cringe to think what will happen to whoever ends up with the BCS bid this season.

Don't you wish we had that Rutgers game back, now ? We'd be sitting at 6-2, bitching about how we might fall out of the top 25.

Can we pin this? It'll be nice to mock the people that are ready to take a swan dive off of the dome roof after a loss.

Can we pin this? It'll be nice to mock the people that are ready to take a swan dive off of the dome roof after a loss.

A loss is one thing, but this game was just pitiful. It more than nullified the WVU game.

If the team and coaches are half as pessimistic as you, we don't have a chance.

A loss is one thing, but this game was just pitiful. It more than nullified the WVU game.

The WVU game was not as big of a win as some made out of it, and I said as much. This loss merely reinforced what we already knew. Physical teams give us fits. If you didn't know this, you haven't watched this team the last two years.

I think I worded this wrong. The WVU win was certainly big, but people made too much out of it it regards to how much progress we made. One big win does not make a program and one embarrasing loss doesn't break one either.
The WVU game was not as big of a win as some made out of it, and I said as much. This loss merely reinforced what we already knew. Physical teams give us fits. If you didn't know this, you haven't watched this team the last two years.