OOC Schedule: Only games in EST. | Syracusefan.com

OOC Schedule: Only games in EST.

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
For some reason, we're not playing well in other timezones. It is that difficult to, instead of Tulane, schedule an eastern MAC school or something. Or a more eastern CUSA school. It just hasn't really benefited Syracuse to be playing these away games so far from Syracuse. Granted there isn't a ton of D1A schools right in NY to play, much like Florida does, but they ought to cut their expenses, do whats better for the team and schedule Buffalo every year, or atleast stay as far east as possible. I understand its good for visiting kids in other states where you want to recruit, but we haven't seen Syracuse play well in a game in another timezone since when in the last 3 years?

(took out Akron, further proves my point)

Akron is EST. I'd rather see us play some CST teams than to play a Rutgers-style schedule, but would make anything further than that a rare, rare trip.

SU should be playing at a Florida directional every year they don't play @FSU or @Miami. SU should play USF, UCF, FAU, FIU and whatever other F's emerge from the swamps down there even if SU has to agree to play a 1-1.

I would also rather rotate through teams in the EST.

Non-AQ schools:

Akron
Army
Buffalo
FAU
FIU
Marshall
UMass
Western Michigan

FCS schools:

Albany
Delaware
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Stony Brook
Towson
Villanova

A lot of teams need to come off that list. Western Michigan is one of the better progams in the MAC. There's nothing to gain by scheduling them, just like there's nothing to be gained by playing a good FCS team.

There's a whole lot of bad MAC teams and bad FCS teams to choose from.

A lot of teams need to come off that list. Western Michigan is one of the better progams in the MAC. There's nothing to gain by scheduling them, just like there's nothing to be gained by playing a good FCS team.

There's a whole lot of bad MAC teams and bad FCS teams to choose from.

Western Michigan is to help recruiting Detroit. We're also not UConn we can beat WMU.

Delaware, Towson, and Villanova are all beatable. I'd rather watch a game against an FCS team I've heard of, instead of playing North Carolina Central like Rutgers does.

FIU is good this year, and you want to play them. By your logic we should stay clear of any possible threat. Meaning the only Florida school we can play is FAU...

It just seems the team has played below average when playing in a different time zone. There must be enough D1 schools to play in the north east/mid-atlantic, that we don't have to travel to New Orleans for a Saturday night game in the middle of our season. I'd rather stay in the east and play eastern schools than travel 1k+ miles for Tulane.

Since when does SU care about Detroit football players? SU has only three players from the entire state of Michigan on its roster. Employing Tyrone Wheatley will probably do more for recruiting in Michigan than playing a directional Michigan school. Eastern Michigan is closest to Detroit anyway.

It just seems the team has played below average when playing in a different time zone. There must be enough D1 schools to play in the north east/mid-atlantic, that we don't have to travel to New Orleans for a Saturday night game in the middle of our season. I'd rather stay in the east and play eastern schools than travel 1k+ miles for Tulane.
I don't know, I don't mind traveling to NO to play Tulane. It was a great roadtrip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom