OOC Schedule | Syracusefan.com

OOC Schedule

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Not for nothing, but just in looking at the schedule and really absorbing it: who would have ever thought that our November/early December OOC schedule would have a stretch of 6 games like this:

UConn (N)
Texas A&M (N)
Wisconsin (H)
Georgetown (A)
Colgate (H)
St. John's (A)

Mind blowing in so many ways!

Last edited:
After the aTm game i looked at the schedule and realized we could have easily been 4-4 after the Georgetown game. Happy to get those two ranked wins and looking for 2 more.

That schedule may be one of those that looks really good at the beginning of the season (and I am glad we are trying to schedule a bit better) but by season's end may not be that alluring for the committee.

3 of those could be top 25 wins at season end... or possibly just one. Many of those teams are still in the not sure category.

And early on St. John's appears to be really bad.

At the end of the day, the Big East fallout and the desire to still play some teams forced us to have a better OOC schedule. And I like it.

Not for nothing, but just in looking at the schedule and really absorbing it: who would have ever thought that our November/early December OOC schedule would have a stretch of 6 games like this:

UConn (N)
Texas A&M (N)
Wisconsin (H)
Georgetown (A)
Colgate (H)
St. John's (A)

Mind blowing in so many ways!
How many teams have a tougher 6 games in a row this early?
Only one patsy in that run: G-town might be good for something after all.

Wisconsin will be tricky. Normal to have a let-down game after a trip like Atlantis then GTOwn on Saturday, how we handle that game will say a lot about this team.

Wiscy, Gtown and St. Johns are all obviousfly winnable games. If we win those 3 , a .500 ACC record should still get us into the tournament.

It's not that unusual when SU plays in these early season tourneys.. The Wisconsin game was set up but the ACC and the Big10.. It's part of the Big10 vs ACC challenge. If the conferences didn't have that scheduled that slot would probably be taken by a team like Niagara

It's not that unusual when SU plays in these early season tourneys.. The Wisconsin game was set up but the ACC and the Big10.. It's part of the Big10 vs ACC challenge. If the conferences didn't have that scheduled that slot would probably be taken by a team like Niagara

It is extraordinarily unusual. While in the BE, we rarely had a self scheduled OOC road game let alone 2 and never back to back with multiple other games against top tier teams.

Well the not leaving ny narrative isn't going to work this year.

Are you kidding? 3 games in the Bahamas. More Bahamaians have moved to NY than any other state. Those were home games.

St. John's at MSG --that's a home game for us.

As for Georgetown, that game is in the District of Columbia -- 4 blocks from New York Avenue. We will not have played a game in another state of the union before the ACC season starts.

Are you kidding? 3 games in the Bahamas. More Bahamaians have moved to NY than any other state. Those were home games.

As for Georgetown, that game is in the District of Columbia -- 4 blocks from New York Avenue. We will not have played a game in another state of the union before the ACC season starts.

I've seen the map. Every game is a home game!

I've seen the map. Every game is a home game!

Wisconsin will be tricky. Normal to have a let-down game after a trip like Atlantis then GTOwn on Saturday, how we handle that game will say a lot about this team.

Wiscy, Gtown and St. Johns are all obviousfly winnable games. If we win those 3 , a .500 ACC record should still get us into the tournament.

My hope is JB really gives the a hard practice on Monday so they forget the Boehamas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom