Opener with CCSU moved to Friday Night Sept. 1st | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Opener with CCSU moved to Friday Night Sept. 1st

The sauna effect and daylight are not mutually exclusive. The only difference is that at night, there's a bit more relief when you walk out of the Dome. There's been plenty of Friday night scorchers though.
True, but the temperature at night is generally going to be cooler than during the day. Especially a sunny day.

It is more of a less worse thing...

I love these Friday night openers -- I don't see the problem.
me neither.

always a nice 'kick off' to a long weekend is attending a live game.

many a time before a long weekend id go to a Yankee game on that Friday and leave for the beach either right after or early in the AM.

sometimes when I left around 1030pm I got there about the same time as people who left at 630pm did, but I won go into detail because I don't want to scare the CNYers with tales of traffic or they'll all start leaving by end of 1st qtr...if they go at all.

Substitute teacher day! Wheel that TV in and throw on Saving Private Ryan
A great movie for 2nd graders. :rolling:

BTW, State Fair...please schedule Sha Na Na for Friday night...I know you'll schedule someone for the amphitheater...so make it a tired old act

Whiner...I'll meet you at Gander Mountain in Watertown at 1pm.
Ha! The OO jrs are going to this one. I'll be camping in ABay at the Blues Fest.

Still hate Friday nighters though

figured it would happen at least they announced it earlier than last year.For that weekend i actually like friday night games so i can spend the rest of the weekend with family and friends and enjoy the last unofficial weekend of summer

Are we thinking a seven o'clock kickoff. I hate 8 it's too late by the time I get home.

it was 7 last year and the year before with 730 for the nova 2 ot riley dixon fake fg 2 point play

If it's not on national TV 7 is better for a lot of people. The guys in front of me come from Old Forge, they are a little bit older I worry about them driving all that way at night.

Are we thinking a seven o'clock kickoff. I hate 8 it's too late by the time I get home.

Especially with our offense probably scoring a bunch. It's fun to watch but it doesn't make the game shorter.

Hate to get on my soap box like I have to do every year about this but why can't SU just leave well enough alone. Over the last decade +, SU has played a handful of Sat night home games. I don't see why they can't thrown the diehards a bone and keep the game on Saturday for once. Ok rant over. Anyway I hope SU will at least make this an 8pm kick to let the fans enjoy what should be great tailgate weather.

This change optimizes attendance. We will get at least a 5k bump on friday vs Saturday. With the labor day weekend, folks can attend the game and still have the weekend getaway. Smart.

Just checked the proposed school calendar. It looks like we're starting after Labor Day this year. No need to worry about a video for the sub, the Jersey exodus can start as soon as I awake! I just hope this is the only Friday night game, though I'm sure it won't be.

True, but the temperature at night is generally going to be cooler than during the day. Especially a sunny day.

It is more of a less worse thing...
Night games are always hotter in my experiences. The dome bakes all day and then 35,000 warm bodies are added. Even if the outside temperature lowers in the evening, the inside of the dome is not cooling off until well after the game is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom