Opp 3pt shooting 61-143 | Syracusefan.com

Opp 3pt shooting 61-143

…in the last four games. Do I have that right?

13, 14, 16, 18 made 3s.

That’s….something. Sry, but 4 teams in a row don’t just “get hot” from three.

44cuse

its around 1% that 61/143 would occur based on the rest of the season's 33.2%. the other side would be, what tangibly changed to lead to an increase in 3pt%

13, 14, 16, 18 made 3s.

44cuse
I don't think you get any argument on that. JB wants everyone chucking threes. Now that everyone can make them, we have no answers. And it seems like players have quit

There's no time in practice (over a decade) to practice more than one defense, we're told.

I don't think you get any argument on that. JB wants everyone chucking threes. Now that everyone can make them, we have no answers. And it seems like players have quit
Exactly. And I just don’t understand why Wildhack is silent on this. It’s like business as usual on the hill when we are just getting smoked because JB is JB. Eventually the math will work out for us. Well, guess what? The math has changed.

Either get better players (for your system) or adjust your system. Either way, it’s in the coach.

44cuse

Exactly. And I just don’t understand why Wildhack is silent on this. It’s like business as usual on the hill when we are just getting smoked because JB is JB. Eventually the math will work out for us. Well, guess what? The math has changed.

Either get better players (for your system) or adjust your system. Either way, it’s in the coach.

44cuse
Maybe this stretch is enough to convince jb, I think it'll take a truly bad record overall to do it but all it will take is one year with a bad record and he'll call it a day. That's my criteria. You don't get rid of a legend when his record isn't bad. It frustrates the hell out of people here that there is a long decline with a floor of .500 give or take.

Crum got canned after his second 12 win season

Maybe this stretch is enough to convince jb, I think it'll take a truly bad record overall to do it but all it will take is one year with a bad record and he'll call it a day. That's my criteria. You don't get rid of a legend when his record isn't bad. It frustrates the hell out of people here that there is a long decline with a floor of .500 give or take.

Crum got canned after his second 12 win season
If the ACC hadn’t been historically weak the last couple seasons we would have seen that bad record you speak of. JB has been fortunate that the conference that normally is ranked 2nd or 3rd in strength has been 6th or 7th.

If the ACC hadn’t been historically weak the last couple seasons we would have seen that bad record you speak of. JB has been fortunate that the conference that normally is ranked 2nd or 3rd in strength has been 6th or 7th.

This goes back even 5 years ago. We were still even then lucky the ACC wasn't it's top 3/4 norm. Had it been- the opportunity we got being one of the last teams in the field probably never happens.

Only the FF team and the 18-19 team that was a 9 seed likely are safe in a normal, stronger ACC. The two sweet 16 teams very well may have a a couple more losses and are outside looking in

Just an unprecedented stretch of playing some of the best teams against a zone in history. I don't think we've ever seen anything like this. We may never see it again in our lifetimes.

Yeah like for some reason we keep having all these 500 year floods..every year... but they truly are an anomaly and the 3ptrs will stop.. I mean floods will stop ...

Agree but i wouldn't factor that in if I were wildsack

Of course some of the factors contributing to the parity that makes the acc weaker are also making it harder to be great at Syracuse

I think it's only going to get worse for blue bloods. I watch my kids in a county wide league, no one is that good, it's not aau. There are kids all over the place knocking down open threes and the spacing makes it so much easier for the best kid to drive

It's like the spread offense now. Threes are like bubble screens. Take it if they give it to you. And when they have cover a lot of ground to stop that, you can just race up the middle. Both offenses make more teams competitive. And basketball doesn't allow the contact that factories with the strongest players can still destroy with in football

Last edited:
Also, 104 assists on 131 field goals made by the last 4 opponents. That’s what you call shredding the zone
Opponents have 104 assists in 4 games...
We have to go back NINE games to the VT loss to accumulate that many (113 total)!!!

10 of our last 11 games saw the opponent have 20+ assists, and 16 times total this year.
We have acheived it a whopping 3 times all year!!

Opponents have hit 10+ 3's 16 times against us.
We have not done that a single time this year!! In fact, the Pitt game on Saturday was the only time we've hit 9.

As bad as our defense is, the offense isn't exactly picking up the slack. In terms of modern basketball, we are so far behind and unable to keep up, it's insane.

"It's just bad luck, the zone encourages three-point attempts over close shots that have a better chance of going in so Boeheim can't be held responsible."

13, 14, 16, 18 made 3s.

44cuse

When the team quits, you get lit up. It’s clear the team, or at least some players, quit.

They just need to practice the 2-3 zone more in practice. Probably have spent too much time on offense the last month or so.

This isn’t a zone problem. Not entirely or even mostly. It’s an effort problem.

That isn’t to say the zone didn’t contribute. It’s been bad this year and has been lit up, but not like this across multiple games. This indicates something else contributing in a big way.

This isn’t a zone problem. Not entirely or even mostly. It’s an effort problem.

That isn’t to say the zone didn’t contribute. It’s been bad this year and has been lit up, but not like this across multiple games. This indicates something else contributing in a big way.

It was a tongue in cheek response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom