Opposite directions | Syracusefan.com

Opposite directions

Flacusian

All Conference
Sunday morning is always an enjoyable time when you can sift through scores and stories of other games and get a general sense of how things are shaping up across the College Basketball landscape during the season.
Yesterdays game was one of the few games we've had recently where my pulse has become elevated and the notion of not winning a game actually got some play inside of my head. But in the end, we had a game where shots just didn't fall, we were up against a matchup zone defense that was out of the ordinary for us but we pulled the game out in spite of some startlingly poor numbers.

This morning I happened to read about St. John's game with Georgetown. It really helped to put things in perspective. It seems like just a few weeks ago we were sizing St. John's up as a team that was on the rise and was well on it's way to reemerging as a prominent team. It seems that they are about as lost as a team can be and reading the article has made me appreciate how much we have to be grateful for in having a program that has been stable and good, if not great for over 3 decades.

I also read about UConns loss to SMU and the comments made by Kevin Ollie. Ugh!! for those of us that enjoy a little schadenfreude, there is plenty there to be had.

Links:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/colleges/post/_/id/6458/what-rivalry-hoyas-stomp-st-johns-again
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400496946

Kind of a silly ESPN article. Makes it sound like GTown is some skyrocketing power. After watching them be embaressed by Kansas and looking pretty mediocre most of the year, they had a good game against another mediocre mid-major. Congrats
Sunday morning is always an enjoyable time when you can sift through scores and stories of other games and get a general sense of how things are shaping up across the College Basketball landscape during the season.
Yesterdays game was one of the few games we've had recently where my pulse has become elevated and the notion of not winning a game actually got some play inside of my head. But in the end, we had a game where shots just didn't fall, we were up against a matchup zone defense that was out of the ordinary for us but we pulled the game out in spite of some startlingly poor numbers.

This morning I happened to read about St. John's game with Georgetown. It really helped to put things in perspective. It seems like just a few weeks ago we were sizing St. John's up as a team that was on the rise and was well on it's way to reemerging as a prominent team. It seems that they are about as lost as a team can be and reading the article has made me appreciate how much we have to be grateful for in having a program that has been stable and good, if not great for over 3 decades.

I also read about UConns loss to SMU and the comments made by Kevin Ollie. Ugh!! for those of us that enjoy a little schadenfreude, there is plenty there to be had.

Links:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/colleges/post/_/id/6458/what-rivalry-hoyas-stomp-st-johns-again

What is SJU problem. I actually thought they'd be decent after we played them.

I guess we were their Super Bowl. They just match up well with us? How are they so sub-par?

Kind of a silly ESPN article. Makes it sound like GTown is some skyrocketing power. After watching them be embaressed by Kansas and looking pretty mediocre most of the year, they had a good game against another mediocre mid-major. Congrats
There is a major intent on the part of the media (FOX?) to pump up the Big East as a power Conference. Not sure that will really play out in the long run.

Links:

Couple of things. Larry Brown is still coaching? Lavin seems to have lost his mind.

Having watched St. John's play multiple times this year, it appears as though their talented roster just shows up to play games. It looks like they never practice at all. 1-on-1 play on the offensive end, barely any passing, no defensive cohesion, etc.

Not sure what Lavin is doing over there, but until they get rid of him it seems like the Johnnies will remain irrelevant.

Having watched St. John's play multiple times this year, it appears as though their talented roster just shows up to play games. It looks like they never practice at all. 1-on-1 play on the offensive end, barely any passing, no defensive cohesion, etc.

Not sure what Lavin is doing over there, but until they get rid of him it seems like the Johnnies will remain irrelevant.
our old friend tristen thought Lavin was the second coming. No matter how many of us told him he wasn't.

"We've got to come together," said Ollie, whose 13-year NBA career included playing for Brown on the 2000-01 Eastern champion Philadelphia 76ers. "We've got to go back to the drawing board, try to beat Harvard (at home on Wednesday). We've got to do something quick."

we might be embarrassed that the University is selling Beat Duke t-shirts, but it's infinitely better than the Beat Harvard t-shirts that are in danger of becoming yearly occurrences in Storrs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom