Orange Alumni Classic set for October 6 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Alumni Classic set for October 6

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Orange Alumni Classic Set for Oct. 6 - Syracuse University Athletics

The highlight of the fall for the Syracuse men's lacrosse program, the Orange Alumni Classic returns on Oct. 6, welcoming back alums from the most storied program in collegiate lacrosse.

A new twist for the 2018 alumni games, the Orange Alumni Classic will be one game split of the program's alumni, while the second game will be a split squad scrimmage with the current varsity roster. The alumni game will take place at Noon, with the intra-squad scrimmage set for 2 p.m.

Both games are open to the public. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased on Oct. 6 in person at the Carrier Dome Box Office (Gate B). All proceeds go directly to the men's lacrosse program. Parking is free in the surface lots across from the Dome.

Be sure to check back to Cuse.com in the week leading up to the game for the announcement of rosters for the Orange Alumni Classic.

The intra-squad scrimmage is the lone chance for fans to get a look at the 2019 Orange squad, which features one of the most experienced rosters in program history.

Interesting. I always liked that the younger players got to go against the Alums, seemed to put bragging rights on the line. Maybe the coaches think there are too many varsity players they need to get a look at? Still nice to know there will be an opportunity to see the team in action.

The release says this will be the only chance to see the team during fall ball. I was under the impression they were doing a tournament in Philadelphia against Delaware later in October, but I guess that isn't happening. Forgetting last year, they always do 1-2 fall events outside of the alumni scrimmage, so I wonder if they will do an extra spring scrimmage like they did last year against Vermont, or if they add another game to the schedule?

Interesting. I always liked that the younger players got to go against the Alums, seemed to put bragging rights on the line. Maybe the coaches think there are too many varsity players they need to get a look at? Still nice to know there will be an opportunity to see the team in action.

The release says this will be the only chance to see the team during fall ball. I was under the impression they were doing a tournament in Philadelphia against Delaware later in October, but I guess that isn't happening. Forgetting last year, they always do 1-2 fall events outside of the alumni scrimmage, so I wonder if they will do an extra spring scrimmage like they did last year against Vermont, or if they add another game to the schedule?

It's the only chance to see the team in Syracuse.

Any other scrimmages will be held at the IPF and will be closed to the public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom