Orange Attendance @Texas Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Orange Attendance @Texas Bowl

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
Did the 4000 Cuse allotment sell out?

My guess is 5k Orange...8k Gophers.

Looking at ticketmaster and the 6000 tickets on stubhub,I'm going to say a little less. This won't have the atmosphere of the pinstripe bowls I don't believe. I'm still super stoked to go!

Did the 4000 Cuse allotment sell out?

My guess is 5k Orange...8k Gophers.

No they didn't come close to selling out the allotment...stubhub, etc... is the cause.

I'm thinking 1500-2000 Cuse fans plus the kids. Funny I talked to several TX based Cuse fans and most are flying back to the NE for the Holidays.

I have the same problem for the women's basketball game. Someone asked me where do people in Arizona go for Xmas break? Yes they go visit family. Or go skiing or go someplace even warmer than AZ. I have so many regulars away next weekend.

1. Marcus R. Fuller ‏@GophersNow 36m
  2. Last year the #Gophers traveled just under 3,200 fans to Houston. Biggest improvement was student travel. Three bus loads this year.
  1. Marcus R. Fuller ‏@GophersNow 1h
    #Gophers officially have 3,375 fans traveling to the Texas Bowl against Syracuse on Friday, according to Associate AD Chris Werle.

My worst fear is that this will look like the Tulane game in NOLA a couple years ago. Man, it was empty.

so what we expecting like 10k tops in a 70k seat Stadium. Definitely not going to look pretty

so what we expecting like 10k tops in a 70k seat Stadium. Definitely not going to look pretty

Texas high school play off games sometimes take place at Reliant Center. Further, I am certain many of the larger schools bring more than 10K fans to the stadium.

Could the Texas Bowl be the worst Orange bowl travel number ever? Wonder how many fans made the trip to Shreveport for the 1979 Independence Bowl or the 1985 Cherry Bowl in Detroit?

Marsh01 said:
Meh. As long as we play hard and have a chance to win who cares. We are in a bowl many miles away 2 days after christmas. Tough for people to travel. Wont affect me rooting my ass off from home

Amen

Tailgating in the backyard and then game watching. PBR a plenty.

Wish I was in Houston but will be watching game from home. Heading to the Cuse bar in Chicago for the Nova game on Saturday...

no bowl game that isn't a BCS bowl ever looks good on TV

Did you see the attendance at the Pitt game last night? It can't get much worse than that...these games are more about giving ESPN something to do anyway...

Throwing a tailgate in my garage today, 120 in projection screen with surround sound. Will also have both the 60 in plasma and the 50 in LCD with the game on in the house for the women and kids who can't stand in the cold for 4 hours. About 40 people coming over from my usual tailgate crew, it's all I have room for. It is always a blast, most people don't go in the house at all during the game. Patio heater, fire pit and salamander will be blasting in the garage and driveway.

GO ORANGE!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom