Orange Bowl: FSU vs. Georgia | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Bowl: FSU vs. Georgia

My buddy is a FSU fan. He sent this to me about an hour before the Orange Bowl “Syracuse representing this bowl season huh”. It had a laughing emoji after it. I explained the reasons, he laughed. I stayed classy after the historic beat down FSU took.

Last edited:
From the degenerates at Tigerdroppings.

How exactly does a player have a phone on the sideline? Or is this a non-participating player? If this is a thing, I sincerely hope HCFB makes it an ironclad rule - No phones or social media during games.

How exactly does a player have a phone on the sideline? Or is this a non-participating player? If this is a thing, I sincerely hope HCFB makes it an ironclad rule - No phones or social media during games.
He won’t allow hats in a facility … have to believe this would never ever be allowed and if it happens there would be significant consequences.

That gives you less than 2 weeks to enter the portal, take visits, and enroll before the next semester starts.
Seems like a lot of these kids have been courted by others who originally recruited them before ever formally entering the portal. That doesn’t mean their decision is made but they are on their way to having narrowed down their list of suitors.

If there were a requirement as part of a scholarship offer to play all possible games in a season then you’re going to run into a time crunch no matter what.

From the degenerates at Tigerdroppings.

FSU fans are really trying to convince themselves that this loss meant nothing.
And for the predictable SU "fan" what-aboutism re; SU losing 45-0 to USF in some anonymous bowl game, this was THE ORANGE BOWL, in a top 10 matchup.
This one will always count more, and if I'm an FSU fan, I'm not happy today, nor am I placated by saying "it meant nothing".
Your entire program was face-planted on national TV, after weeks of blaming the ACC, CFP, and CFB for your situation. FSU has graduated from whiners, to quitters, to losers. JMHO

Seems like a lot of these kids have been courted by others who originally recruited them before ever formally entering the portal. That doesn’t mean their decision is made but they are on their way to having narrowed down their list of suitors.

If there were a requirement as part of a scholarship offer to play all possible games in a season then you’re going to run into a time crunch no matter what.
Here’s a “what if.” What if any time a school contacts a player who has not entered the portal, they lose 2 scholarships. Or what if any time an NIL collective, or a representative thereof, contacts a kid who is not in the portal, that collective is banned for a year.

Here’s a “what if.” What if any time a school contacts a player who has not entered the portal, they lose 2 scholarships. Or what if any time an NIL collective, or a representative thereof, contacts a kid who is not in the portal, that collective is banned for a year.
Good ideas, but you know they would only catch and enforce those rules against certain schools.

My buddy is a FSU fan. He sent this to me about an hour before the Orange Bowl “Syracuse representing this bowl season huh”. It had a laughing emoji after it. I explained the reasons, he laughed. I stayed classy after the historic beat down FSU took.
I'd send him the same message back, "FSU representing this bowl season huh 3-63" with the same emoji. Turnabout is fair play. Touche.

I'd send him the same message back, "FSU representing this bowl season huh 3-63" with the same emoji. Turnabout is fair play. Touche.
I considered it. But, I decided to let it go.

I think 63-3 is bush league no matter how much I want FSU to be put in their place. These coaches and programs have zero class. That’s what I’ve always appreciated about our northern, small private school sensibility.

There’s also no way FSU loses like that at full strength. They would probably lose, just not like that.

Also, no matter what, that loss was a big loss for the ACC. Fans of other schools already think the Syracuses of the world shouldn’t even be allowed to play P5 football. It doesn’t help the ACC’s cause for FSU to be embarrassed like that.

Oh well, it happened.

I think 63-3 is bush league no matter how much I want FSU to be put in their place. These coaches and programs have zero class. That’s what I’ve always appreciated about our northern, small private school sensibility.

There’s also no way FSU loses like that at full strength. They would probably lose, just not like that.

Also, no matter what, that loss was a big loss for the ACC. Fans of other schools already think the Syracuses of the world shouldn’t even be allowed to play P5 football. It doesn’t help the ACC’s cause for FSU to be embarrassed like that.

Oh well, it happened.

IMO, it was worth it to see FSU go down in flames. And no, it wasn't bush league. What was bush league was FSU pouting and refusing to show up, like a petulant child biting off it's nose to spite it's face.
I'm glad they got buried...I was hoping for 70-something!
Even in years when Clemson was dominant, the ACC was looked down upon. They'd say the league was "top-heavy" or some such nonsense...anything to justify not giving the league props. That's been the narrative, no matter what.
Personally, as long as SU is doing well, I could care less what the rest of the P4 thinks about the ACC. JMHO

Oh well, it happened.
I completely disagree, they simply were running their offense, Kirby would not do that. concerning Syracuse who cares, I do not agree as well. Win consistently and that perception changes quickly, 2 years we back, order restored. Gritty, NE football, Fl, SE speed, academic prestige mixed with goodness I pray. Why not? Yes!

Exactly. And that is why there’s exactly zero percent chance of requiring bowl participation as part of the scholarship happening.

The current system isn’t ideal, but to get to a system where bowls could be mandatory the bowls either need to be done in early December or schools need to shift spring semester to start in February. As neither of those are going to happen, bowls are going to increasingly be viewed as scrimmages since opt outs aren’t going anywhere.

And I get the frustration with guys going pro sitting out - but any school that forces a guy going pro to play in a bowl game is going to have that used in negative recruiting by other schools. And God for if you have a high first round pick get injured and drop to the 3rd/4th/5th round (see:Jake Butt) - that would be devastating to the program.

Opts outs are the new reality, and the things need to change that aren’t going to happen.

Exactly. And that is why there’s exactly zero percent chance of requiring bowl participation as part of the scholarship happening.

The current system isn’t ideal, but to get to a system where bowls could be mandatory the bowls either need to be done in early December or schools need to shift spring semester to start in February. As neither of those are going to happen, bowls are going to increasingly be viewed as scrimmages since opt outs aren’t going anywhere.

And I get the frustration with guys going pro sitting out - but any school that forces a guy going pro to play in a bowl game is going to have that used in negative recruiting by other schools. And God for if you have a high first round pick get injured and drop to the 3rd/4th/5th round (see:Jake Butt) - that would be devastating to the program.

Opts outs are the new reality, and the things need to change that aren’t going to happen.

While the football season is still ongoing, the semester is done before the Bowls. Hard to keep players past their semester. Kids who want to leave need time to find a home before the Spring semester starts. Much harder to do if they cannot portal until Jan 2nd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom