Orange Tipoff: Friday, October 13 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Tipoff: Friday, October 13

Looking through some photos at work this morning, I had to do a double take to make sure this wasn’t the most gruesome knee injury I’ve ever seen lol.

54215784-FAC4-455A-AE46-628179F4E4AF.jpeg

Fun article and great idea.
Agree.

My biggest takeaways?

1) Was surprised to see that Quadir was picked by a lot of his teammates as the guy they most wanted to get stranded on a deserted island with.

Appears he was chosen in part because he is a fun guy and in part because he is resourceful. Makes me think maybe a lot of us are underestimating him.

2) Maliq was named as a football player by a lot of the team. He was a dog on the board last season and this makes me think he is going to be even more dogged rebounding and competing in general this year.

IMHO. if we are going to have a reliable scorer in the low post this year, it will be Maliq. I think he will be that guy for us. This is one of those things that really needs to happen for this team to be successful...

Agree.

My biggest takeaways?

1) Was surprised to see that Quadir was picked by a lot of his teammates as the guy they most wanted to get stranded on a deserted island with.

Appears he was chosen in part because he is a fun guy and in part because he is resourceful. Makes me think maybe a lot of us are underestimating him.

2) Maliq was named as a football player by a lot of the team. He was a dog on the board last season and this makes me think he is going to be even more dogged rebounding and competing in general this year.

IMHO. if we are going to have a reliable scorer in the low post this year, it will be Maliq. I think he will be that guy for us. This is one of those things that really needs to happen for this team to be successful...

Maliq is going to be very difficult to keep off the floor. I think It will be an adjustment as fans to realize given years of the zone and some with undersized centers that 6-9/6-10 guys are perfectly capable of being in the pivot on a good team. We have the size we need in other positions and for depth.

Last edited:
Maliq is going to be very difficult to keep off the floor. I think It will be an adjustment as fans to realize given years of the zone and some with undersized centers that 6-9/6-10 guys are perfectly capable of being in the pivot on a good team. We have the size we need in other positions and for depth.
And has anyone here ever mentioned that Maliq is . . . . Big?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom