Orangeyes had a surprise visitor today... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes had a surprise visitor today...

Mike Hopkins visited Dan in the hospital early this afternoon. Mike says Dan is in great spirits and seems to be doing well. Mike remembers Dan from when he used to attend practices, and Mike is a big fan of his.

For all the crap that does happen on our lovely SyracuseFan.com (and I add to the crap) so awesome to see classiness and caring as well. Bravo, CTO.

I didn't pull any strings. I simply asked Mike whether he would do it after Jarhead suggested it yesterday. Mike was happy to be asked... and even happier after seeing Dan and spending some time with him. Mike actually thanked me for suggesting the visit to him.
Post of the year! So happy for Dan!

When I was 9 years old in 1985, I was in the hospital. It turned out my roommate was going to be the cover boy for the program for our game vs Boston College. So all of the sudden, I found out Coach Boeheim was going to be in our room that afternoon to shoot the photographs for the cover. Anyway, when the photographer got there, he saw my stuffed Otto and asked if they could use it for the photos. After they got done with the photos, Coach found out I was the owner of Otto and talked with me for several minutes and autographed a team poster for me. I still remember 28 years later how great that made me feel when I really needed it and he wasn't even there to see me technically!

So this was truly an amazing thing for CTO to set up for Dan. I'm sure he feels much better tonight than when the day started. Get well soon!