Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG" | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG"

Maybe. Fran's demands toughness. That is not Alford's strength.
I liked seeing Alford getting a little fired up and chippy in the bowl game. That safety who was jawing big time from usf after one play (can’t remember if was with Villari or LA) then next play he goes full steam into pile still talking …Alford comes over and just gives him palm shiver to drop USF guy to his back and shut him up. We need more of that edginess in controlled amounts once in awhile to set the tone that we’re not getting pushed around.

Think qb was a factor but most of them also could not get separation which impacted the qb and Oline play.
They all affected each other. They didnt have a competent pass game and it affected Alford's numbers. Im not ignoring the fact that the unit had flaws. Just saying they had a wildcat QB offense for half the season. Alford could have easily had a 50 catch 900 yards receiving year.

I liked seeing Alford getting a little fired up and chippy in the bowl game. That safety who was jawing big time from usf after one play (can’t remember if was with Villari or LA) then next play he goes full steam into pile still talking …Alford comes over and just gives him palm shiver to drop USF guy to his back and shut him up. We need more of that edginess in controlled amounts once in awhile to set the tone that we’re not getting pushed around.
That USF player was unhinged, acting like a lunatic. Their HC wasn’t much better.

They all affected each other. They didnt have a competent pass game and it affected Alford's numbers. Im not ignoring the fact that the unit had flaws. Just saying they had a wildcat QB offense for half the season. Alford could have easily had a 50 catch 900 yards receiving year.
Of course we want him coming back. He has a ton of talent I bet he has a good year.

He‘s averaged approximately 19yds per catch each of the last threes seasons. 6-6 210 deep threat that makes high difficulty catches. Fifth year player.

People are nuts to be dismissive .

He’s much better against zones and running posts. He’s not quick twitch guy that is going beat man with his route running like a 6-1 guy.

He‘s averaged approximately 19yds per catch each of the last threes seasons. 6-6 210 deep threat that makes high difficulty catches. Fifth year player.

People are nuts to be dismissive .

He’s much better against zones and running posts. He’s not quick twitch guy that is going beat man with his route running like a 6-1 guy.
Yup. No matter how excited we are about the new staff I don't think we should be dismissing proven production.

Assuming every freshman and transfer will be better is risky as well. It doesn’t hurt to have Alford back. I don’t expect a lot from him but he does provide some production that the team can use.
I love Alford. Everytime we need him or actually throw him the ball he does well. Blocks his ass off. If i was Mccord, i would like our pieces at the skill spots all over. Oline now is another thing.

Think qb was a factor but most of them also could not get separation which impacted the qb and Oline play.
Our qbs havent just thrown our guys open and i also have seen a few guys open completely and qb doest throw to them. This qb will throw our guys open.

I love Alford. Everytime we need him or actually throw him the ball he does well. Blocks his ass off. If i was Mccord, i would like our pieces at the skill spots all over. Oline now is another thing.
Yup. He’s not always performing the way we want him to but it doesn’t mean he has no value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom