Oronde Gadsden retuning | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden retuning

Don't be surprised if after last night the number being asked to leave isn't closer to 25.

Is everyone returning back to Syracuse today, or are kids allowed to go directly home for Xmas?

I'd assume that Fran would like to talk to everyone individually before the holiday.

Or maybe he already has.

I don’t expect us to go 5 wide much. Fran is going to play power football. Would think he goes back to more traditional sets., I think OG moves to wideout and Zeed/Ross/Hornsby compete for the other Wr spot. I think Tremble is going to push Villari too. And I expect a rotation of LQA/Willis where LQA gets 75% of snaps.

I’m not sure many of the wideouts from the Dino era get much play.
Agreed on OG. But I believe the RB split will gradually evolve to more of a 50/50 split. I think Willis's 4.4 speed and large frame will lead to a lot of explosives - and he's going to be hard to keep off the field bc of it. LQA is a great, versatile back w/ big heart but he's not really a home run hitter - I'd guess he's a high 4.5-4.6 guy. Willis's sub 4.5 speed looks legit on tape. Hart also may force his way into the rotation.

Back to OG, unless he gets significantly bigger, I think his NFL position will be WR so it makes sense to let him play the position his final year at SU.

P

We’ve heard it corroborated by an insider who heard it directly from OG’s parents.

But you do you, and keep doubting.
Re-read my post…I said I think he’ll be back. I was just pointing out that DT tweeting it means nothing. Also fwiw llandz said “she didn’t hear it from OG’s parents”. It was other parents and I’m sure is legit. Thanks though

Last edited:
^ This….although I do think he’ll be back I’d rather hear it from the horse’s mouth or a more credible source of media
He posted it as of several hours ago and no second, third or fourth confirmations from anybody else. Tortellini is an amateur, he wanted Don McPherson as our next football coach, a great guy and player but never coached anywhere at any level. I thought Tortellini was joking but apparently he was serious.

P

We’ve heard it corroborated by an insider who heard it directly from OG’s parents.

But you do you, and keep doubting.
we had insiders who had Dan Mullen as our head coach but I want to believe this. If we get a healthy OG back by conference play that would be outstanding.

Reactions: A
Yeah I won’t believe this until it’s from a real source. The Twitter stuff and hearsay has burned me before..

• Love
Reactions: A
He posted it as of several hours ago and no second, third or fourth confirmations from anybody else. Tortellini is an amateur, he wanted Don McPherson as our next football coach, a great guy and player but never coached anywhere at any level. I thought Tortellini was joking but apparently he was serious.
I hope that this thread convinces Dan T to change his last name.

Is everyone returning back to Syracuse today, or are kids allowed to go directly home for Xmas?

I'd assume that Fran would like to talk to everyone individually before the holiday.

Or ma

Re-read my post…I said I think he’ll be back. I was just pointing out that DT tweeting it means nothing. Also fwiw llandz said “she didn’t hear it from OG’s parents”. It was other parents and I’m sure is legit. Thanks though
But I'd rather see it also. Things can always change. But it was info given to me.

Agreed on OG. But I believe the RB split will gradually evolve to more of a 50/50 split. I think Willis's 4.4 speed and large frame will lead to a lot of explosives - and he's going to be hard to keep off the field bc of it. LQA is a great, versatile back w/ big heart but he's not really a home run hitter - I'd guess he's a high 4.5-4.6 guy. Willis's sub 4.5 speed looks legit on tape. Hart also may force his way into the rotation.

Back to OG, unless he gets significantly bigger, I think his NFL position will be WR so it makes sense to let him play the position his final year at SU.
And somewhere I heard there will be some 2 back sets.

Agree. Many bball players love the low tops too. I was never a college athlete by any means but I’ve had some bad ankle sprains in my life like most have that played basketball. Actually just had one last week stepping on someone during a pick up game. Not as bad as one I had previously (could have been grade 3- ptsd from that), but certainly worse than just a minor roll and keep playing. They suck, a lot, and can be tricky. And the bruising and swelling lingers.

I can see why the low top shoes are easier for maneuverability but some of these ones these guys wear seem like nothing.
From personal experience a severe sprain, like when landing hard on someone's foot, seems like it makes you permanently a bit slower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom