Oshae Brissett: Celtics | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: Celtics

I wonder if he regrets signing the contract he just did. It seems a bit on the low side now especially with the way he is playing. But can’t fault him at all for locking in guaranteed money.

I don't think most of it is guaranteed:

Reports suggest that the money in the final two seasons of the agreement is non-guaranteed, meaning that if things don’t work out between the Pacers and Brissett, the two sides can split up easily.

It's funny -- a month ago, the kid would have cut off his hand to merely get signed long term.

Now we're debating [based upon merit] whether the THREE-YEAR contract he signed is too low.

Kudos to Oshae for making this a conversation. Hard to imagine a guy making more out of a 10-day contract opportunity, to the level he has.

Last edited:
Yeah he can certainly outperform his contract as he is doing but he wasn't getting some more lucrative offer out of the blue
People always talk about earning that 2nd NBA contract which I guess this would be considered but what about the 3rd contract, like the 60 million that Jerami Grant received. Now we are talking life changing. Keep working hard Oshae. People will notice.

It's funny -- a month ago, the kid would have cut off his hand to merely get signed long term.

Now we're debating [based upon merit] whether the THREE-YEAR contract he signed is too low.

Kudos to Oshae for making this a conversation. Hard to imagine a guy making more out of a 10-day contract opportunity, to the level he has.
I agree with this and I’m sure that’s why he signed it when he did. But with the way this whole thing has played out the pacers got a steal.

Sabonis has been cleared to play.

Laverts is out at least 10 days due to covid. Feel bad for the kid. He’s the one that was traded from the nets to the pacers and during the pacers physical they found a malignant tumor on his kidney which was removed. He says the trade may have saved his life.

Sabonis has been cleared to play.

Laverts is out at least 10 days due to covid. Feel bad for the kid. He’s the one that was traded from the nets to the pacers and during the pacers physical they found a malignant tumor on his kidney which was removed. He says the trade may have saved his life.

Good for Oshae on Sabonis but CL being out really hurts.

Brogden might play for the first time in a month

Brogden is playing and so is Aaron holiday who has been out a couple weeks.

Had the first reb of the game, had the first ast and made his first 3 attempt.

Be honest...WHO SAW THIS COMING???
I gave him a snowballs chance in hell of being any factor in even a meaningless NBA game and he shoved it down my throat. And I couldn’t be happier for him.

He’s growing up right before our eyes.

Played 11 mins in the 1st qtr and had 8 pts, 1 reb, 2 asts. Will now sit for awhile in the 2nd qtr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom