Oshae Brissett: Celtics | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: Celtics

Magic Johnson - career 19.5 ppg in the playoffs
Oshae - career 23ppg in the playoffs.

I'm ready to start the Hall of Fame discussion.

Unfortunately these aren't technically labeled the playoffs...

This situation reminds me of Jeremy Lin. Started in the G League. Came to NBA with little to no expectations (one nothing year with Warriors). Then came from nowhere to lead the Knicks after multiple injuries to key people. Turned it into a good decade in the league.

I don’t care what anyone says, his time in G league and around nba caliber players helped paved his way to this spot. There is a zero percent chance he becomes this player in college. Zero

It's more common nowadays with even some of the best prospects out of college every year that their games truly evolve and grow after they get into the league. Very few walk in even as high picks with the best version of themselves.

So roll with me here...

There are 30 teams in the NBA, each roster has 15 spots, and can carry 2 two-way guys as needed between the G-League and their big club, for a total of about 500 NBA jobs (it's a little more than that as guys get waived and new guys get signed, or two-ways expire and stuff, but 500 works).

I've long felt that realistically, there are probably only something like 300 clear cut NBA caliber players that are the world's best. After that point, there isn't much in terms of talent that differentiates the next 200 players on rosters from, let's say, the 200 best players in the world eligible to be NBA players, but that play somewhere else. It's a big bucket of 400 dudes hunting those NBA jobs, and what matters for who gets them is circumstance. Some guys find a fit and land where they can succeed, some other guys never get that opportunity.

I think what we're seeing is that Brissett was in that 200 best players outside of the NBA group, and now finds himself into that 200 players in the NBA group, thanks to the work he did with Toronto, the relationship he developed with Indiana's HC while he was with the Raptors, and his game fitting into the Pacers' style so well. He's made obvious improvement as a basketball player, no doubt. But he's now in that group of people that are in the right place to make the most of their chance.

So roll with me here...

There are 30 teams in the NBA, each roster has 15 spots, and can carry 2 two-way guys as needed between the G-League and their big club, for a total of about 500 NBA jobs (it's a little more than that as guys get waived and new guys get signed, or two-ways expire and stuff, but 500 works).

I've long felt that realistically, there are probably only something like 300 clear cut NBA caliber players that are the world's best. After that point, there isn't much in terms of talent that differentiates the next 200 players on rosters from, let's say, the 200 best players in the world eligible to be NBA players, but that play somewhere else. It's a big bucket of 400 dudes hunting those NBA jobs, and what matters for who gets them is circumstance. Some guys find a fit and land where they can succeed, some other guys never get that opportunity.

I think what we're seeing is that Brissett was in that 200 best players outside of the NBA group, and now finds himself into that 200 players in the NBA group, thanks to the work he did with Toronto, the relationship he developed with Indiana's HC while he was with the Raptors, and his game fitting into the Pacers' style so well. He's made obvious improvement as a basketball player, no doubt. But he's now in that group of people that are in the right place to make the most of their chance.
Yup! I think being in the right situation with the right team plays a huge role in who actually ends up in the league outside of the top picks. There's a lot of really good players that don't end up in the league and a bunch of "OK" players that do well for many years. Situations and circumstances!!

So roll with me here...

That's why if it's fait accompli you're a first round pick you go. Even if you end up on the wrong side of that 200 players like Tyler Ennis at least you got paid before the NBA said you don't have it kid. Have just enough potential to trick a team into drafting you.

That's why if it's fait accompli you're a first round pick you go. Even if you end up on the wrong side of that 200 players like Tyler Ennis at least you got paid before the NBA said you don't have it kid. Have just enough potential to trick a team into drafting you.
It's pretty hard to trick a team into drafting you, but yes, 1st round picks have a longer runway to try to make where the land into a place that works.

I don’t care what anyone says, his time in G league and around nba caliber players helped paved his way to this spot. There is a zero percent chance he becomes this player in college. Zero
There will be Zero validity given to your future posts. ZERO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom