Oshae Brissett: Celtics | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: Celtics

Great pic(s) and nice to see the both of them with big smiles. Prolly gonna see a lot more of the smiling Heimer now.

Prediction. Now that retirement is FINALLY behind Boeheim, and it has been a question dogging/annoying him for YEARS, you are going to see the more relaxed Jim Boeheim turning up like that. The Boeheim the press loves, not the surly, snappish "Presser Boeheim," like the one who jumped all over a STUDENT REPORTER for asking the obvious question after Benny Williams decided that he was done, for a day anyway, or that condescendingly blew off the female reporter at halftime of the Wake Forest game at the ACC tournament. That was an embarrassment.

Nope. Betcha Jimbo slips into a beloved elder statesman of CBB role now. Becomes a go to source for much of the media when they want an unvarnished deep knowledge view on basketball topics or major games of the day.

Don't think he'll go as far as sign a color commentator contract if it requires him to travel much, but if he can get a contract on his terms I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a "Zoom" commentator for one of the sports networks.

I for one hope Jimbo doesn't slip away not to be heard from, or seen, again. Have always loved to hear what he has to say about all things basketball, when he's not being cranky.

Great pic(s) and nice to see the both of them with big smiles. Prolly gonna see a lot more of the smiling Heimer now.

Prediction. Now that retirement is FINALLY behind Boeheim, and it has been a question dogging/annoying him for YEARS, you are going to see the more relaxed Jim Boeheim turning up like that. The Boeheim the press loves, not the surly, snappish "Presser Boeheim," like the one who jumped all over a STUDENT REPORTER for asking the obvious question after Benny Williams decided that he was done, for a day anyway, or that condescendingly blew off the female reporter at halftime of the Wake Forest game at the ACC tournament. That was an embarrassment.

Nope. Betcha Jimbo slips into a beloved elder statesman of CBB role now. Becomes a go to source for much of the media when they want an unvarnished deep knowledge view on basketball topics or major games of the day.

Don't think he'll go as far as sign a color commentator contract if it requires him to travel much, but if he can get a contract on his terms I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a "Zoom" commentator for one of the sports networks.

I for one hope Jimbo doesn't slip away not to be heard from, or seen, again. Have always loved to hear what he has to say about all things basketball, when he's not being cranky.

'Jimbo'?

Also, when retirement is behind you, you are dead. He's just beginning to enjoy retirement, and I think he will if he allows himself to. I was as much worried about him than I was about the program.

I agree with you assessment of his future CBB activities. You won't hear him doing any serious analysis of how Red is doing. He'll just be supportive. What matters to him is his family, his sport and Syracuse University.

What’s not to be happy about? He’s retired. His sons are following their dreams. His daughter had a nice career - and thankfully looks like mom and not like dad. And of course, there’s Juli.

How is it possible we don’t know what JAB’s dog is named?
AB62870A-FB2C-4DD2-810B-5D0D517EE0F5.jpeg

Last edited:
'Jimbo'?

Also, when retirement is behind you, you are dead. He's just beginning to enjoy retirement, and I think he will if he allows himself to. I was as much worried about him than I was about the program.

I agree with you assessment of his future CBB activities. You won't hear him doing any serious analysis of how Red is doing. He'll just be supportive. What matters to him is his family, his sport and Syracuse University.
At least he didn’t use “Gus”

'Jimbo'?

"Jimbo" . . . my attempted literation to convey that the retired, relaxed Jim Boeheim my now be on the doorstep of becoming a CBB, "hail fellow well met" type.

Or maybe not ;)

What’s not to be happy about? He’s retired. His sons are following their dreams. His daughter had a nice career - and thankfully looks like mom and not like dad. And of course, there’s Juli.

How is it possible we don’t know what JAB’s dog is named?View attachment 225933

I believe Jim's dog's name is, Zone . . . I kid . . . I think

I believe the dog is named Lulu.

Can you imagine the feelings for each other during that moment? Oshae becoming who I think will be a very good player for the Pacers and Jim able to not worry about his team. He’s free to go about the country following Buddy and whatever he wants to after 47 years. It’s like taking a breath of wonderful 100 % fresh air.

ENJOY and be great in your retirement Jim – do everything you want to do first for you and for you and Juli and your family. Everything is yours to love doing. Everybody at SU loves you man.

No matter what you said to your players, the press, and administration during those years at Manley and the Dome and at the pressers, you made all of it interesting. It was all about you. You got under peoples skin when they weren’t expecting it or were and got everyone’s attention good and bad and you did it all from the point of view of loving your wife, your family, your players, Syracuse University Basketball and Syracuse, maybe not exactly in that order.

30,000 trudging the hill up to see your teams play, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You gave people a reason to be on winter Friday and Saturday nights, not only in Syracuse but wherever there were fans and alums. IMO you have given your best, an authentic great basketball coach who said and did as he believed and created 1116 wins. You are one of two of the greatest college basketball coaches ever, you rascal. You made everything exciting on the hill. What a wonderful life – keep it exciting!

Daughters