Oshae Brissett to Toronto | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett to Toronto

He needs to defend and rebound if he wants to stick.

He benefited from the Raptor injuries. With Ibaka, Lowry, and McCaw out, and since the G-League 905 and Raptors were at home, it made it convenient to dress one of their two-way contract players as the 13th man (him or Shamarie Ponds).

I think the most surprising things is that he got one of those two way contracts from the Raptors. Which is great for him because the Raptors/905 run one of the better G-League development systems.

I agree - never thought he'd smell the league - good for him.

It was clear he'd get a cup of coffee when the Raptors signed him to the G League especially since they lost the best player on the planet who happens to play the same position. Leaving with no shot at getting drafted worked out for him. With the draft being so short I think being the best of the rest isn't a bad spot to be in. Look at Bowman from BC with the Warriors or the Martin twins from UNR/NCst both on the Hornets.

He has played non-garbage time minutes for the 4 or 5 last games. Around 10 a game, but he plays really hard and brings really good defence and a bit of energy. With the injuries right now he has found a role, and its typically more in the second half as wekk.

In patented style, did blow a layup yesterday, but got the foul call.

While he was frustrating offensively, I think he would have added all kinds of value to this team defensively right now. Although there are many other factors at play here, he was a key member of the 2017/2018 team that had the 5th best defensive efficiency in the country.

Brissett played 23 minutes tonight and scored 12 points with 6 rebs. Shot 5-9 with 2-4 from 3.

the raptors lost though to Portland 101-99 as Melo hit the game winner. Melo finished with 28.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom