Oshae "Malachi Richardson" Brissett | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae "Malachi Richardson" Brissett

How many shots has Marek taken this year? He doesn’t even have to be guarded
He doesnt. I understand the lovefest for him but him not taking those open 18 footers and telegraphing passes to chukwu is murdering our offense with a rusty spoon.

I can't get mad at him for that until I know whether he doesn't shoot as a personal decision or if it's a demand from HC Hubert Cumberdale.
I think has been told outside of 15 feet he shouldn't shoot but inside of that he has a green light. I think he is just timid and has been thrust into a role he wasn't ready for. It's not like he is going to get pulled if he misses a few shots. What is Boeheim going to do? Bring Moyer in for 25-30 minutes a game.

If Marek gets stronger and more aggressive on offense, I'm not so sure. Different player but also super talented. Give more offensive options for a kid with that passing ability plus a summer in the weight room and look out.
I had never seen Marek run so fast last night until that fast break. I love his game. Great glue guy and think he could be sixth man of the year in the ACC next year. He's a winner.

I don't think it is either. I think he will be tempted but sees the value of being a lottery pick over fringe first rounder. He's that good.

None of us have any clue what he's thinking or wants to do. We are all just hoping like hell that he stays and we can be a top 25, perhaps top 10 team next year. Anyone giving you crap for starting this thread is a weirdo. Its absolutely in the realm of possibility that he has a few big games and could take off if he gets a 1st round promise. I sure as hell hope that's not the case, but it's certainly possible and anyone saying it isn't is wrong.

I had never seen Marek run so fast last night until that fast break. I love his game. Great glue guy and think he could be sixth man of the year in the ACC next year. He's a winner.

I got irrationally excited thinking he was going to throw down some momentum swinging tomahawk dunk. Left the ball a little too low and towards the defender but thank god the foul was called and it wasn't a clean strip and then off his leg. That would've been a miserable sequence.

Having Marek, Hughes or Carey, and Bourama come off the bench next year would give us one of our best benches in a while—probably since 2011-12.

I think next year we are top ten if Battle leaves and Brissett stays which is how I feel it will play out. The key in my mind is does Marek come back cause in beginning of year they were saying 1year. Hoping things changed. He would be a great 6th man. I also feel Sidibe is another key guy if his knees are in good shape by then we should be great at passing in the post with Bazley being a great passer at least in hs he is. Will also command double teams and open everything else up. If Battle stays, we are top 3 team with great bench and fouls to give. Hope Matt stays also cause he will be a good player for us jr and sr year.

Tuned into CBS sports network at midnight after the game. Jon Rothstein made a comments along the lines of how impressed he was of OB, and how he is probably the best forward in the country "that nobody has heard of." He went on to say how he'll will be an all ACC type player next year...no caveat about that's if he sticks around, etc. So, no worries. ;)

Tuned into CBS sports network at midnight after the game. Jon Rothstein made a comments along the lines of how impressed he was of OB, and how he is probably the best forward in the country "that nobody has heard of." He went on to say how he'll will be an all ACC type player next year...no caveat about that's if he sticks around, etc. So, no worries. ;)
He also said OB will probably be a 10 ft tall monster by next season. During summer workouts Brissett grabs a deer around campus by the antlers, looks at it and says, ‘I’m O'Shae Brissett! Say it!’ Then he squeezes the deer in such a way that a sound comes out of its mouth – ‘Oshaybrisset!’ It wasn’t exactly it, but it was pretty good for a deer!

He also said OB will probably be a 10 ft tall monster by next season. During summer workouts Brissett grabs a deer around campus by the antlers, looks at it and says, ‘I’m O'Shae Brissett! Say it!’ Then he squeezes the deer in such a way that a sound comes out of its mouth – ‘Oshaybrisset!’ It wasn’t exactly it, but it was pretty good for a deer!

As much as we rag on Rothstein and his hyperbole, I do appreciate how passionate he has about his job. Making a living running around covering college sports certainly isn't easy but is also a dream job for the sports nut in some of us. Some of these guys are too hung up on being snarky and cynical and spending time arguing with people on Twitter. His over eagerness is kind of nice.

As I've said before I've been wrong so many times that nothing shocks me anymore. I know he had a good shooting game last night but I think he still only converted on one of his drives to the hoop. That is what he needs to improve for the next level. I practically drool at the thought of OB and Baz playing together next year. To have another forward that the other team has to actually guard?! That would be something. I hope he stays because I like watching him play and I'm a fan. If he leaves I may never see him play again.

I can't get mad at him for that until I know whether he doesn't shoot as a personal decision or if it's a demand from HC Hubert Cumberdale.
I've heard JB state on more than one occasion that he would like Dolezaj to shoot the ball when he's open in the midrange.

I don't think it is either. I think he will be tempted but sees the value of being a lottery pick over fringe first rounder. He's that good.
He isn't projected in either round this year I don't think a great game in the first 4 will change that.

He isn't projected in either round this year I don't think a great game in the first 4 will change that.
It's almost that time of the year. Hey - Oh!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom