Oshae vs Lydon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae vs Lydon

This was a scrimmage, not even an exhibition game. Can we stop and be fair to the kid?

I need to see Oshae do a few pump fakes before I can make my determination.

I'm going to need to see him make a three while missing a shoe, in the NCAA tournament, before I can make a determination.

I’ve heard great things about Oshae, including how his no shoe 3 pointer is at an all time high percentage wide right now. I also have heard that his mustache growth rate is so high that he can grow two Rico’s in the span of time Tyler took to grow Rico himself. So by these reports I’ve gotta say that Oshae is already 10 steps better.

Just to clarify I was making a joke. Honestly I had high hopes for sophomore year Lydon and was hoping he would be more assertive on offense. Having said that I think he was probably frustrated at the inability of Gillon to feed the post and I think he could have had a much better year with a point guard like Ennis for example. Or just about anyone that was over 5'8" and wasn't a scoring point guard who was inexperienced in our system. Not a knock on Gillon I think he gave us everything he had and he exceeded my expectations. I was just making a joke because of how he would be open and pump fake with no one around and how frustrating that was considering he was one of our best offensive options. I'm very appreciative of what he did for the program and I'm rooting for him to carve out a role in the NBA.

looks like lydon has found a SPOT in the G league. how exciting that must be.

He is making 2.88 million over the next two years. I doubt he cries himself to sleep at night. Also it could be worse he could be playing for the Phoenix Suns.
And when he makes his NBA debut, he will join a group of fewer than 5,000 people who have appeared in an NBA or ABA game. Not too shabby an accomplishment.

And when he makes his NBA debut, he will join a group of fewer than 5,000 people who have appeared in an NBA or ABA game. Not too shabby an accomplishment.

Independently wealthy at 23 years old on his own merits is a huge accomplishment.

It sucks he left early, but only for the fans of Syracuse who will miss watching him play... Anybody who can be sure of a guaranteed NBA contact should never think twice. The money is just too much.

Even if Lydon never makes the NBA he can make Dentist or Accountant money overseas if he is foolish enough to waste his rookie contract money instead of investing it.

IMG_1320.PNG

I know body language is a difficult thing to read but Lydon just seemed to have a lot more fun as a Frosh. Chemistry, better role, better guard play, less pressure - not sure what the reason, but he did not look like he was enjoying his time here last year. I think his contributions will be greatly missed. The ugly stuff that you need to win. I think he doesn't get enough credit for those intangibles.

I know body language is a difficult thing to read but Lydon just seemed to have a lot more fun as a Frosh. Chemistry, better role, better guard play, less pressure - not sure what the reason, but he did not look like he was enjoying his time here last year. I think his contributions will be greatly missed. The ugly stuff that you need to win. I think he doesn't get enough credit for those intangibles.

I can't imagine anyone on the team enjoyed last season very much. On top of that, he was probably dealing with the pressure of trying to live up to expectations last year and trying to be "The Man." He didn't have to worry about any of that his freshman year, so it was probably a lot more fun to just go out there and play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom